Fitness friends w/ kids

Options
34 yr old dad here with two little girls (3 & 5) trying to avoid becoming a flabby daddy. Any other parents out there trying to maintain their health while juggling work/kids/family time feel free to add me.

Replies

• fastrix
    fastrix Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat.. 2 kids, and my days are full to the brim between watching kids, teaching nights and doing art. It's hard to find time or energy to eat well :-s
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Hi! My 3 are 11, 7 and 10 months. I go back to work in a few days and have no idea how i'm going to manage it all. Feel free to add me.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Definitely not easy staying on track. Very easy to just give up and use the excuse "I'm too busy". I've found myself using that too much lately so I decided it's time to get back on track again. I've lost weight before, it's the keeping it off part that's difficult for me.
  • mirandaa1985
    mirandaa1985 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I have 4 kids from age 7 down to 2. My birthday is the 29th and I really need to get my butt in gear this month. It's very difficult juggling kids, work, and maintaining a household and marriage. You're so right. ..it's so easy to say "I'm to busy" but we need to make ourselves and our health a priority.
  • annie_858
    annie_858 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I have two kids!
  • cdahl383
    Options
    Yep the older you get the more stuff you have to juggle in your daily life. It's a good thing, but definitely makes staying in shape that much harder.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you parents do it. Any of it. Spending time with my friend and her two kids I just gain so much respect for parents every time. Bless y'all, I just don't know how you do it.
  • cdahl383
    Options
    ^ Wow 5 kids! You're definitely busy then haha! My wife had to lose 40 lbs with our first and nearly 50lbs with our second, but she did it both times. She was realistic about it and gave herself a year to take it off. I'm sure it won't be easy but little by little it will come off. Good luck!
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, guys!! I'm a competitive athlete and mother of an 11 year old girl, who is also an athlete. (Our whole family is actually in competitive athletics of one sort or another)

I'm a foodie and a fat loser (-110lbs) and always looking for people to share the journey with...!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have a 11 yr old son:)
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have 4 boys (17, 16, 10, & 4), and I'm a single parent. The older two are pretty much self-sufficient now, but the younger two still take a lot of time and energy. They are both now finally at an age to start incorporating them into exercise with me. My 10 year old can run with me, and my 4 year old an now ride his bike well enough to keep up with (and sometimes even be hard to keep up with). We are starting Zombies C25K either today or tomorrow, depending on weather.
    Feel free to add me!
  • rwalston86
    rwalston86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have 6 kiddos! A 11 yo step son, my 8 yo identical twin girls, and 8 yo step daughter, a 4 yo lil girl and a 2 months old baby girl. :) I'll add you!
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I only have one almost three year old and I'm finding it challenging. I'm also at that time of life when the metabolism slows and the muscles melt so I have no choice but to exercise and watch what I eat. It can be overwhelming.
  • MandaNar
    MandaNar Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    cdahl383 wrote: »
    ^ Wow 5 kids! You're definitely busy then haha! My wife had to lose 40 lbs with our first and nearly 50lbs with our second, but she did it both times. She was realistic about it and gave herself a year to take it off. I'm sure it won't be easy but little by little it will come off. Good luck!

Glad it's possible! Ha. Ya littlest will be a year in just over a month. So definitely time to get after it.
    And yes busy! But gotta fit this in for me as well. :) Thanks!

• LAdodgers_02
    LAdodgers_02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    6 wow. I only have 1 and wprk full time. I seem to have trouble finding time. I try to get my son to walk w me. I have a pedometer. My goal is to reach 10,000 steps. However half the time, i just want to veg out.
  • cdahl383
    Options
    Good to see so many people out there with kids still trying to stay in shape. It's not easy. I can see how easy it would be to just say F it and become a fat potbelly Dad and just wear big shirts and call it a day. Much harder to keep the weight off and stay healthy. Good to hear all your stories, thanks for sharing!
  • Dar_Line86
    Dar_Line86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have a 14 month old myself. Just got rid of the baby weight and now I'm after new goals. Its hardest for me when i hit the plateaus and it seems like i just cant make progress. But hey just gotta take it one day at a time huh? Feel free to add me!
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Father of a 17 month old, I'd love to say I turned into the flabby daddy but I was there before we had my daughter. Working out as often as possible with full documentation on it. 24 pounds down another 24 or so to go. Add me if you'd like. Only working out at home as well.
  • Leighburns279
    Leighburns279 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am the mom of 5. I have 3 boys ages 15,14 and 16months old and 2 girls that are 12 and 10. I work full time outside the home. I started off at 217 and am finally down to 170. Only 40lbs left to lose. I am trying to teach my kids a healthy life style. We don't use the word diet in our house. We have been going through a life style change. I work out with my older boys. They have currently gotten into lifting weights with me. I have also started working out with the baby. He is the perfect weight to hold while doing squats. Feel free to add me.