I'm starting accupuncture for weight loss

Options
So I had my first visit for accupuntuncture that's geared towards weight loss. I'm not sure if it's working or if I'm psyching myself into it...
Yesterday I felt like I was starving so I made a can of tuna, by the time I was halfway done I just wasn't into eating it anymore... which isn't like me at all. I always feel like I have to finish what I'm eating.

We'll see what happens... :glasses:

Replies

• mommy3brats
    Options
    I've thought about doing that....did it hurt?
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've thought about using that... I used accupunture to help start labor with my last child and it worked wonderfully.
  • WinterWedding2013
    Options
    Suprisingly no it didnt hurt.. I'm terrified of needles.. but once I found out this was available, I just manned up and did it. :laugh:
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Where are the needles placed? Ive wondered about this too, keep us updated and good luck :D
  • WinterWedding2013
    Options
    The needles are placed 3 on each side of the belly button in a straight line. It sounds WAY scarier than it is because you don't feel it. I even had one in my ear (because she said the right ear is for women?) and I had no idea until she took it out!
  • radioloren
    radioloren Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have done acupuncture a number of times for my asthma. I went from not being able to take a deep breath, to feeling 100% normal again in just a few weeks. I would absolutely stick with it and hope it can help! Keep us all posted, maybe I'll go back to help me lose weight!
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I love accupuncture...I went to see my guy after my son was born and I had experienced heart failure. He helped me more than any meds. I see him when my knee hurts and I am training for a marathon...I went to him Friday because I get anemic with low blood pressure and he "built my blood"...my mom went for a while for weight loss and she was doing great but she stopped going ...it still takes your dedication and your work but it is a tool to help...heck my daughters have all seen him for one issue or another...
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I may just have to try this!!! I had the radioactive Iodine treatment for my over active thyroid, so I dont really have a metabolism anymore :( Im not on any meds, docs say my levels were normal ( as of a few yrs ago anyways) Guess I could go get retested :0
    Thanks!
  • bcatgray
    bcatgray Posts: 41
    Options
    I have had this done before. I lost quite a bit of weight. Though, I gained it back and then some once my treatments were over. But I don't think my mental state was ready for a complete lifestyle change at the time. It helped me to lose 30lbs or more. I had the tiny metal beads placed in my ear that were electroshocked. I never felt anything, but it did work.
  • WinterWedding2013
    Options
    Yeah I have the beads in my ear right now, but they're not electroshocked... I was told to press on them 1/2 hr before meal time.