HRM

Options
Heart Rate Monitors...

I've decided to invest in one. I'm reading a lot about getting one with a chest strap--is that all I should look for?

Any help is much appreciated! :-)

Replies

• polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I totally love my body media. I got it at costco and its invaluable
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    HRMs with chest straps are the most accurate. I recommend the Polar FT series. Polar makes best HRMs. I like to buy mine from www.heartratemonitorsusa.com.
  • jennyrowell
    jennyrowell Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love--LOVED mine..It has recently died after 6 years!! It has the chest strap. It was a Polar F6. I think they are around $100. Very user friendly.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I got mine from amazon and its awesome, just search HRM's with straps
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Definitely get a chest strap. I tried Timex. It only lasted a year. My Polar and my Garmin have both lasted many years! Love them.
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Want to see what people are saying about HRM's...which ones are good :smile:

Thanks for this!!
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm a member of Costco. Can you tell me about your Body monitor? What does it measure and how much was it? Thank you.
  • Banjolover
    Options
    With Polar, carefully consider the cost and difficulty of battery replacement, then consider the Timex Fitness HRM, or Expidition series, available on Amazon for around $65 (retails for $100). The Timex HRMs use common watch type batteries and are easily replaced by the user. I love the features, price, and ease of use of the Timex HRMs.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    With Polar, carefully consider the cost and difficulty of battery replacement, then consider the Timex Fitness HRM, or Expidition series, available on Amazon for around $65 (retails for $100). The Timex HRMs use common watch type batteries and are easily replaced by the user. I love the features, price, and ease of use of the Timex HRMs.

I changed the battery in my Polar last night. I was much easier than the Timex I used to have. It uses a 2032 (standard watch battery). Take out 4 screws, grab out old battery, lay in new and replace screws. DONE!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Read this link about HRM's:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

Also, do not get a Timex. From what I've read and experienced first hand, the calorie counts are through the roof and not accurate at all.
  • aneisiena
    aneisiena Posts: 63
    Options

Thanks for this!

And thank you all for such quick replies. The great support system is of the many reasons why I love MFP!