New Clothes

Options
A really good friend of mine (who is smaller than me) came by the house yesterday with a bag of clothes. She said she noticed I was losing weight and thought I would be able to fit what was in the bag. Although I was quite thankful for the clothes, and the thought that I could fit them, I was quite doubtful because of our size difference. The bag was full of jeans (size 10) and cute shirts (size M), and one cute skirt (the smallest size in the bag- size 8).

I tried on the first pair of jeans (Old Navy size 10) - OMG they fit (and not too tight either)... I was beyond excited and went through everything in the bag. I got to the skirt and saw the size inside.... I looked at my friend, and laughed and said yea right - you can take this one back. She said she wasn't leaving until I tried it on, so to satisfy her I tried it on (more to prove the point that it didnt fit). Yea, she proved me WRONG!!! I got it on, and zipped - with no muffin top - WHAT, REALLY, A SIZE 8... I havent be able to get a size 8 past my thighs in over 11 years -

Needless to say - I feel like a little kid right now (just not high on candy :wink: )

Replies

• chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    What a lift! Congrats and enjoy the new clothes!
  • Jonicha26
    Jonicha26 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Love this! What an amazing feeling! Celebrating with you! :)
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Goose bumps! I remember the day that I went to size 8, also Old Navy. Such a great feeling. Happy for you!
  • laquita23
    laquita23 Posts: 9
    Options
    Great Job you look awesome!
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    Awesome JOB!! WTG!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's so awesome! You go rock those 10's with pride honey you look great! What a sweet friend you have! We need more people like her in the world!
  • carrielofton
    carrielofton Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Hope this happens to me soon. Keep up the good work.
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girl! I love trying on things I expect won't fit to find they do!
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    YAY for new clothes! i can't wait until i go clothes shopping again. i think i'm going to grab a five just for the hell of it because i have a skirt that's a 5 from a long time ago and i never wear it because it's not a high waist skirt but i've always worn it as one and i plan on wearing it today i'll let everyone know how that goes.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    AWESOMENESS!!! So excited for u!! What a great friend you have!!! :tongue: :happy:
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    Congrats!!! I can't wait for that size 10, size 8 jeans day for me!!! What a cool friend too, to bring over stuff for ya! Wishing you continued success!
  • justcallmejennifer
    justcallmejennifer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That is so great! All of your hard work is really paying off! Congrats !!
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    Great job!!!! You made me smile!:smile:
  • Eshathediva
    Options
    You go girl!!! This time next month you'll be a size 6! Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!