Shorties! Looking for diet buddies

Options

Replies

• Scaredycat2
    Scaredycat2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and 136. Just started after a couple of years of eating far too much... need to lose some weight to get my bike up the hills faster!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" :) Currently maintaining around 125 @ 22.1% body fat, aiming for 20. I'm a bit jealous of you smaller framed ladies. I have large hands and feet. Feeling like a hobbit during the winter months where I neglect shaving haha.

My stats are the same as yours. I see all those gals whose goal is 105 or less, and there's no way I could get there. I weighed that in college, and was scrawny, all bones. I also don't shave in winter, and wear a size 8 shoe! Bare legged in winter, my legs look like a guy's -- I have these bulging calves that I can barely zip a boot over. I also have trouble zipping strapless or tight dresses under a size 8 because they won't go over my broad back and bust. My husband says I look like a wrestler.
  • akellykelly
    akellykelly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm 5'0 and my SW was 150 lbs and my current weight is 137! My GW is 130, but I truly wanna see if I can get to a normal weight for people out height. Being 120's or 110's
  • Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 years old, 5'1.75" and currently weigh 175.3, down from 201.1. My first goal is to get down to 136. Anything I can manage to get below 136 I will consider icing on the cake. I used to weigh around 115 in my high school years, 120-125 in my early 20s. Since age 30, the lowest weight I've managed to get to is 125.
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    My stats are the same as yours. I see all those gals whose goal is 105 or less, and there's no way I could get there. I weighed that in college, and was scrawny, all bones. I also don't shave in winter, and wear a size 8 shoe! Bare legged in winter, my legs look like a guy's -- I have these bulging calves that I can barely zip a boot over. I also have trouble zipping strapless or tight dresses under a size 8 because they won't go over my broad back and bust. My husband says I look like a wrestler.

Small but sturdy! I totally hear you on the shoe/calf thing. People don't think 8 is big because it's the national average for women's shoe size, but that's for someone who's 5'4" ;) All the boots that fit my calves are way too tall.
  • corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and 125 lbs. My goal is to get between 115-118 lbs.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    5'0". I started at 140 lbs and am down to 111-112 now. I plan on maintaining at 105-110. I am close! I have gone from a size 8-10 to a size 2.
    Be warned, my diary is open, but in no way flawless. I use TDEE and my calorie goal is 1680, but I log my junk food and alcohol too and frequently go over or under. I work on weekly averages.
  • Scaredycat2
    Options
    So - how is everyone doing so far this week? One day over for me - but I have at least 3 hours of biking planned for tomorrow which should cancel that out :-)
  • Optimistical1
    Optimistical1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1. I started MFP 102 days ago weighing 152. I now weigh 128. My goal is 110ish. I plan to reach this goal by March 2016.
  • salsafeet
    salsafeet Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Can I join in ? ... Im 5ft, OK 4ft 11 and a half. Currently weighing 141lb down from 205. I seem to have hit a brick wall at the moment and the weight just ain't moving. It's driving me nuts. Would be nice to have some friends. Please feel free to add me.
  • fleurhaus
    fleurhaus Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join. I'm 5 '0 and currently weigh about 119 pounds and my goal weight is between 95-100 pounds, so I still have some work to do.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and am currently 116-117ish, I have to be around 110 pounds because of weight restrictions for the sport I play. Because I lift heavy weights 3 times a week, my goal is to be about 112-113. Anyone else trying to lose weight while strength training?

Me!! I lift heavy 4-5 times a week!
    I'm 5' started at 180lbs, I'm down to about 165ish. Hoping to get to about 100ish but probably closer to 110
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0".

SW: 148.7
    CW: 125.4
    GW: 118

I have been doing low carb-high fat since 11/10 and have had amazing results so far. I would love to be friends with more shorties who understand the struggles we go through.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft1 and started at 173lbs. There have been ups and downs but the last period has been very good and at 139lbs I am just 9lb from my preliminary goal. I am a curvy hourglass so Ihave no idea what my ideal will be but not as low as some of my height. Back when I was what I think my natural weight I didn't weigh! I was too busy being young and having fun lol!
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I started in jan 2015 I'm 5ft I weighed 163lbs . I'm now 133 but have been stuck at this for what feels like months! Ideally would like to get to 125lbs.
  • analeeswan
    analeeswan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My birthday party was yesterday and I went WAY over, didn't even log it... Does anybody have tips on dealing with parties?
  • Scaredycat2
    Options
    My thoughts... first - log it as best you can; it might not be as bad as you think. Second - it's your birthday, one day out of the year is not going to do any harm long term. For parties in general, though, plan to log as best you can and add some extra exercise for the days before/after so that, although you may be over for a day, your week averages out to plan?
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi guys.. i am 5'0 and currently 128 lbs. Would love to lose around 20 lbs. Add me too. I want all the support i can get. I was 122lbs in jan 2015 but packed on 8lbs and weigh 130 lbs. Now down 2lbs only..
  • trinabot19
    trinabot19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    we have similar goals!! Feel free to add me as a friend (and anyone else here for that matter haha) im 5'1 looking to get back to 100-109 range..currently about 121-123 lb! Just started MFP a few weeks ago. :) Im doing my weigh in tomorrow and hoping that I lost a little bit..Im doing a 0.5 lb a week weight loss regime.
  • meganmurray217
    meganmurray217 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 & started at 152 right after I had my daughter. Now I'm 137 & current goal is 120! Feel free to add me I need more short friends that know the struggle!