What should my cheat dessert this week be?

I'm a sucker for chocolate and ice cream (I'm talking really really chocolate) lol and frozen yogurt ice
Creams but I'm open to anything. Must be around 300 calories, thanks!!

Replies

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    I think you've already answered your own question.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    My rule is that if I'm not craving something specific, I'm not spending 300+ calories on it (unless it's something filling with great macros, obviously). So if I have to ask what I should eat... it means I'm not really craving it in the first place and I'll save the calories for something I really want.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    I usually go with what I crave most during the week, I have such a sweet tooth so I will always crave everything.

The cravings are usually for a few things, so I pick the one I craved more times than the others.

This week it happened to be Caramel Sea salt dark chocolate. Yum.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    I'm a sucker for chocolate and ice cream (I'm talking really really chocolate) lol and frozen yogurt ice
    Creams but I'm open to anything. Must be around 300 calories, thanks!!

I don't cheat. But I do make room for treats. Many grocery stores carry single serve mini-cups of Ben &Jerry's and Haagen Dasz. Those run 240-260. Perfectly measured, and very satisfying if you eat them slowly and savor them.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    I don’t cheat, but I do fit in treats here and there. My favorite is Tofutti Cuties (ice cream sandwiches) at 130 calories each. I also like strawberries with Cool Whip on a little yellow spongecake "dish". And then there are the Fiber One lemon bars and streusels -- a nice taste of sweet with enough fiber to keep me happy for a while.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Right now, I'm cheating on some amazing German Riesling. 6oz of wine, 28g of gouda, and 12g of water crackers is about 280 calories, plus it's helping me meet my protein and fat macros.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Why are you asking us? Have whatever you want!
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    3 tilapia filets!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Yasso frozen yogurt bars are awesome. Mint chocolate chip is my fav, but they are all good. 100 calories and even a little protein.
  • emily120699
    emily120699 Posts: 32 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Yasso frozen yogurt bars are awesome. Mint chocolate chip is my fav, but they are all good. 100 calories and even a little protein.

Sounds great! Where do I buy them?
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    How about a German pancake? You can flavor it up with whatever you choose. I like mine with squeezed on lemon juice, and I sprinkle about a rounded teaspoon of powdered sugar on it. But you can doctor it up with variations of sliced strawberries, (and/or) chocolate sauce, jam, preserves, and so many other foods. The German pancake itself is about 200 calories, then add the calorie count for whatever you add and the powdered sugar.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    They have them at Target and Walmart -- I get them at publix. But they have a store locator function on the site: https://www.yasso.com/store-finder/
    Just noticed they have coffee chocolate chip -- boom!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    If you love chocolate and only want it to be "sort of cheating" - try the deep chocolate VitaTop muffins (can probably find them in the freezer near breakfast foods) They are only 100 calories each and delicious- still leaves you 200 calories for some ice cream or whip cream (or both!) on top
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    edited July 2016
    Instead of having cheat meals, just fit it into your daily calories and macros. I leave a minimum of 200 calories per day for non-dairy ice cream, chocolates, frozen yogurt, brownies, dried fruit, chocolate covered nuts, or whatever dessert I'm in the mood for. Hasn't done any damage.
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    How about a frozen banana and organic nut butter ice cream? It is so good!!! You'll feel like you're cheating but you're not. Just put them in your food processor and let the magic happen. If you really want to do it well, add some organic dark chocolate chips to it. Enjoy it WITHOUT the guilt.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    So...what the hell did you end up having girl?