I don't love my love handles :-/

Options
Hey everyone! New to the app and looking to drop some excess weight and lose the jiggly bits lol. If you'd like to help motivate eachother then add me :-).

Replies

• ksamp39
    ksamp39 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Always the bits you want gone the most go the last :)
  • ToM_KeTo
    ToM_KeTo Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • danibabii11
    danibabii11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Dobstep ups and bring your non standing leg up with your knee bent. Works wonders on that area
  • MichaelaSheppard
    MichaelaSheppard Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I jiggle from the neck down!!
  • danibabii11
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    Dobstep ups and bring your non standing leg up with your knee bent. Works wonders on that area

You can't spot reduce. No specific exercise will remove your love handles. Only a calorie deficit will.

Once i started doing step up that way it trimmed down that area for me. I noticed a difference in the way my weight sat on me. You work out any certain area enough youll see the changes.
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    These are always the last to go for me lol. I hate them too
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

You can't spot reduce. No specific exercise will remove your love handles. Only a calorie deficit will.

Once i started doing step up that way it trimmed down that area for me. I noticed a difference in the way my weight sat on me. You work out any certain area enough youll see the changes.

Were you in a calorie deficit?
  • danibabii11
    Options

Were you in a calorie deficit?

It was before i was tracking regularly. More then likey no. I didnt lose any pounds for a while
  • sonia9240
    sonia9240 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm fat I hate it.
  • sonia9240
    sonia9240 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad I hate love handles .
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

Ignore this. As stated above, you cannot spot reduce, tone or trim areas. Eat in a caloric deficit until they go. Its one of the last places to go from males unfortunately.
  • xWondertje
    xWondertje Posts: 65 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    No, you can't spot reduce fat in certain areas, only a calorie deficit will make you lose fat. HOWEVER, you can tone and trim areas by training the muscles there and changing your muscle definition. It doesn't matter how much calorie deficit you have, you won't get a six-pack of abs without doing exercises for those muscles. Thus, if your "love handles" are only due to lack of muscle definition, a certain exercise could very well help you on your way.
  • Conskill
    Conskill Posts: 29 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    As stated above love handles (lower back fat) and lower stomach fat are usually the last (and thus the most difficult) areas to lean out. I have to get around 7-8% body fat for them to disappear. This varies to a certain degree from person to person. Diet is absolutely key and there are certain supplements that can make the process quicker. Green Tea (extract) helps me lean out a bit faster in these areas. The main reason, however, that I am able to rid these areas out quickly is due to my muscle mass. The more muscle mass one has, the more active and inactive calories your body burns. Active while exercising and inactive just from the muscle existing (muscle is very calorie dependent) and is why bigger guys can lean out faster. Goodluck!
  • brower47
    Options
    You gain about 6 extra calories a day per additional lb of lean body mass.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options

6 cals = 1 cookie crumb
  • brower47
    Options
    BigGuy47 wrote: »

6 cals = 1 cookie crumb

Exactly. It's not something that's going to make much difference. Increasing muscle mass is great if that's what you want and has a lot of benefits but an increase in BMR isn't really one to shoot for.