Favorite running/walking shoes?

Options
Ever have a pair of running or walking shoes that were sheer foot-perfection? What kind of shoe was it?

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Yes, and just bought another pair today for my fall marathon. If you are looking for recommendations, you are asking at the wrong place. My favorite shoe may be the worst one for you. You should get the ones made for your feet.

Having said all that, I really like Nike Vomero's. I also run in Saucony ISO 2's that I like as well. FWIW, I have never had a pair of Brooks that I liked.
  • bketchum1981
    bketchum1981 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Playmakers in Okemos, MI puts you on a treadmill and watches you walk to determine how much pronation you have to decide what shoe will help correct.

You may not be anywhere near Okemos but my point is find a place that will help you pick the right running shoe. I spent $100 and I don't think that's outrageous if you are serious about running.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hilariously, I live in Okemos right now. I'm going to MSU - Law :D
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Walking = sketchers
    Running = New Balance 870 v3 but the don't make them any more :cry:
  • josephka
    josephka Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the Brooks Adreneline GTS. Best thing to do though is to go into a running store and try out a few options.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Walking = sketchers

What kind of sketchers do you use?

Typically my walking is done on the treadmill at a 8%ish incline, and honestly I'm cheap so I buy running shoes on sale - usually Saucony on sale on Amazon. I bought some Mizuno's today actually as they are $47 as the deal of the day and I've had them before (when I got tested at a running store).

Right now I'm using Under Armor and I got to admit that I like them too, I got them at the outlets around $60, which is typically more than I like to spend... I usually end up changing shoes 3x a year or something - I walk a lot. Can't run anymore though because of feet issues.
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Just recently bought a pair of Hoka One One Clifftons...like running on pillows,light weight super puffy pillows
  • daweasel
    daweasel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was an Asics Kayano wearer exclusively for about 5 years, then some reps from Mizuno came to my running club one night a couple of years ago with shoes for us to try. I tried the Wave Inspire 10s and loved them so much I went and bought some (I was due for new shoes and they were giving us a 30% off voucher for their store for Mizunos if we wanted). They've since been updated at least twice and by all accounts are different (not bad, just different) but I seriously like these ones so much I went and sourced old stock...twice. So I'm onto my third pair of those now. At some point I'll bite the bullet and try the updated ones, but I really, really like these, and it doesn't hurt than buying old stock means I get them really cheap! :) hehe
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    i have reeboks for outside and all around and asics for indoors at gym
  • ragsibobs
    ragsibobs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm an overpronater and like Asics GT 2000. I like how the shoe "hugs" my heel and gives me some extra support. :)
  • Domilg23
    Domilg23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    nike for <3
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Walking = sketchers

What kind of sketchers do you use?

Typically my walking is done on the treadmill at a 8%ish incline, and honestly I'm cheap so I buy running shoes on sale - usually Saucony on sale on Amazon. I bought some Mizuno's today actually as they are $47 as the deal of the day and I've had them before (when I got tested at a running store).

Right now I'm using Under Armor and I got to admit that I like them too, I got them at the outlets around $60, which is typically more than I like to spend... I usually end up changing shoes 3x a year or something - I walk a lot. Can't run anymore though because of feet issues.

For walking, whatever feels comfy when I'm trying them on. I have the ones with memory foam soles, really light.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Tried a lot of shoes mentioned here.

Hokas are great if you need good support for your knees. They are quite possibly the best feeling striker I have ever wore.

ASIC Gel Kayanos I run on now and I love them... They are almost worn out and I am due another pair... May switch.