Looking for a weight loss buddy.

Options
Hi. I'm a retired lawyer/business executive looking to drop from mid 230s to, say, 190. I'd like to match up with one or two folks with similar goals so that we could motivate each other to keep succeeding. Not looking to be fanatic/crazed.

If it could be organized, I'd suggest an "incentive" such as we each put up some amount of money. Set a goal, e.g., drop 20% of body weight by March 15, 2017 and maintain that loss through the end of the year. If only one of us get there, that person gets the pot. If we both meet the goal, which is the optimal outcome, we flip a coin and the money goes a charity chosen by the winner of the coin flip. If we both screw up, the money goes to a cause we both dislike--albeit not anything evil.

Anyone interested?

Replies

• Alaskabuilding
    Alaskabuilding Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I live in London and would also like to lose 40lbs about 3 stone. Can I join you. I am also retired from organising rather large events.ie brought Duke Ellington for a concert in Westminster Abbey. Years ago now, the best thing I ever did. Got made redundant from a political think tank a couple of years ago. Started MFP 3 weeks ago. Onward and upward.
  • winstonfan
    winstonfan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That would be cool. I'm actually born in UK, although moved to US at 3 years old. Love to get back there. Maybe BOJO would also like to join us as he no longer needs to worry about becoming PM any time soon? I'll do a weigh in tomorrow morning to establish baseline. What would you suggest for the stakes?
  • Alaskabuilding
    Options
    That's good. Would like to wait until Monday so I can go to my GPs to weigh myself. I think it's a very difficult challenge. Should we weigh in each week. As for the stakes I'm not too sure. Not too much though. How does 50 quid sound. By the way where are you based?
  • winstonfan
    winstonfan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in California--silicon valley. I know that WeightWatchers suggests getting on the scale only once a week. The daily variations are too random and tend to make people crazy, they say. BTW, my email is charles.ehrlich@gmail.com if you'd like to bypass the chat room. Fifty quid sounds fine to me.
  • Alaskabuilding
    Options
    Good show. Will let you know how I get on on Monday. I might take up your suggestion of emailing you. It's much simpler. Watch out for irenecalling@gmail.com I think a
    Weigh in once a week is good.
    Have just left WW just got bored and the class got smaller and smaller