Protien balls?

Options
danibabii11
danibabii11 Posts: 72 Member
Hi everyone, i have been on the fence about using whey protien, i did it for a while but was sick of the same all shake version i was doing. I was wondering if anyone had any protien ball recipes they would like tl share as well as nutrition info please of you can. Thank you all so much!!

Replies

• swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just made these but with chocolate fudge flavoured protein powder, and I rolled mine in finely desiccated coconut.

I got 11 balls out of mine, they're smaller than the ones in the photo. I used 60 grams of PP, 14 grams of coconut oil, 25 grams of coconut flour and 10 grams of the desiccated coconut. Comes out to 50 calories a ball, with 4 grams of protein and 2 each of fat and carbs.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Another mfp member posted this recently, I haven't tried them yet, but they sound good and easy to make.

" in sauce pan combine 1/2 cup preferred milk & 8 tblsp peanut butter & 1 tblsp+ honey. Warm up on low heat to melt & add cinnamon & 1 1/2 cups protein powder of choice (vanilla or chocolate peanut butter are great). Add uncooked oats & mix. Place in waxed 9x9 or other pan & pat firmly & freeze for 20 minutes. Then cut and pre-package servings. Calories and fat can be determined by you by adding any extras such as a handful of raisins & or top with a sprinkle of choc. chips or coconut or dried fruit/nuts/flax seed/chia seeds etc. Options are endless!"
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    http://proteinpow.com/?s=protein+balls

lots of other really good uses for protein powder (or not) too
  • jonoc87
    jonoc87 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Protein balls are great if you want to pack on muscle. If your trying to lose weight... I find I can smash a truck load of them cos their delicious. So probably not good for weight loss.
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    jonoc87 wrote: »
    Protein balls are great if you want to pack on muscle. If your trying to lose weight... I find I can smash a truck load of them cos their delicious. So probably not good for weight loss.

Like anything else you eat, it's just about portion control though...
  • danibabii11
    Options
    swift13b wrote: »

I have lost weight by using whey protien, im on a high protien diet now for weight loss
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    swift13b wrote: »

I have lost weight by using whey protien, im on a high protien diet now for weight loss

its the calorie deficit that's causing you to lose weight, not the protein.
  • danibabii11
    Options
    Correct but, high protien diets keep you fuller for longer. I wasnt as hungry. At that point in time i was also on a strict 1700 diet as well couting macros and everything
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    thats what my wife calls me
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    mmm protein balls...