DDP Yoga

Options
I recently started DDP Yoga. It makes you sweat , increase your heart rate, and makes you feel good about having a low impact workout. You also are not sore in the morning (maybe a little, but nothing that would stop you from exercising again the next day.)

I just want to know of anyone has done this program or anything like it. I do love it, but the first disc, Diamond Dozen And Energy, is a bit slow for me. Even though I am the heaviest I have ever been, I still feel like I am able to do more.

Would it be bad to skip to week 5 or 6, where there are different workouts? I feel like I am breezing through these first 2 work outs, and feel like my time would be better used with more intensity.

I know these programs are designed a certain way and path of workouts, but I am afraid I will get bored with these"simple" workouts.

Any help or advice is appreciated! Thank you

Replies

• ANewWayToLive
    ANewWayToLive Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey!! It's actually a really good question! I do have DDPYoga and also felt like it was maybe a little too slow at first. I curious to know what would be the impact if I would skip the first 2 or 3 weeks.. In which phase a nutrition are you? I tried no gluten and dairy but felt like it limited my choices in the AM.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Well, the Advanced program throws you into Below the Belt during the second week and Diamond Cutter by week four. Since you could modify anything that proved too challenging, I don't see any harm in jumping ahead. I gave up on Diamond Dozen and Energy quite early on (due to not feeling challenged) and I wasn't exactly in good shape at the time. I'm partial to Diamond Cutter and Strength Builder. Double Black Diamond is good, but it's mostly just slightly longer than Diamond Cutter.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    It is great that you are getting more energy from this program. "Bit slow for me" and "breezing through" are hints that maybe you are treating this like cardio when it is supposed to be about building strength and endurance too. There are plenty of ways to cheat in yoga - mind over matter hopping is one of the strategies to get through a class that is not as effective as hunkering down and observing the strength and patience required to attain and hold poses. Is your belly button glued to your spine? Are your shoulder blades squeezing together? Can you relax while holding poses for long moments? If you do it without the video, is it the same, easier, more difficult?

I would try an alternate yoga video from the library, hear about form from another instructor, and compare. Or try a class. DDP is great but it is only one way to learn. And if you have enough energy for hopping, perhaps you are ready for additional cardio.

thanks for your post, I am going to get my DDP set out from under the pile tomorrow morning.