New Crossfitter/Paleo Eater in Louisiana

shannon877
shannon877 Posts: 55 Member
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there! My name is Shannon, and I'm not new to MFP, but I'm new to a serious plan of attack. I've been following a Paleo diet for about two weeks, and I'm currently trying out a boot camp program at my local Crossfit gym. After trying everything else under the sun for the past few years, this is the first time I'm seeing immediate results. SO - I need some accountability! Here's where MFP comes in... I need to stay on track.

I am a school counselor, so the summer is the best time for me to kickstart this plan. When school starts back, our lounge is flooded by parents dropping off doughnuts, cakes, pastries, etc. And the need to pack a lunch ahead of time will be important, as I can't just grab a frozen dinner as I'm walking out the door in the morning.

I just adopted ANOTHER Shar Pei yesterday, so I'm the proud mama to two wrinkle-faced girls, and one 10-year-old human girl who is a competitive swimmer. She's another reason I need to get back into "swimsuit shape!" I should be able to practice with her without being self-conscious.

And in my best Bartles & Jaymes voice, "We thank you for your support." ;-)

Replies

• FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Well, congratulations on the immediate results! I love the paleo style of eating and crossfit is amazing! You can do this! I hope that you took some before pics--- Because you're going to need them. :)
  • This is the end of my second month of Paleo. I lost 16lbs the first month and 20 all together. Make sure you set yourself up for sucess. I find if I don't keep it in the house I stick to it so much better. If I'm on the go a lot I make sure to pack a lunch and snacks otherwise it's just to easy to stop and get something. I haven't been 100% hardcore since the first two weeks which is probably why my weight loss has slowed down.
    Good Luck stay strong! You can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • dmfree
    dmfree Posts: 2
    Hello there.
    My trainer wont let me call our training crossift because he brings it to another level. but I am eating like a cave woman. Was not at all on board and now I am! Great to hear about your success!!

D
This discussion has been closed.