Ladies, what do you do if you don't like to sweat/shower everyday?

Options
Sorry for TMI! I'm new :) hi I'm Kat!

So I exercise every OTHER day but I'd like to start everyday. The only thing is....I mean I'm not too much of a germaphobe but I just don't like to sweat everyday or on everything so I have to shower.

I know it sounds shallow :(
I can't shower everyday because my hair starts to get dry and my skin too.

Any suggestions? Maybe some hair or skin product suggestions?

Thank you!
-Kat

Replies

• AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat! I'm Alyssa! Welcome aboard!

I usually wash my hair every other day and I'll use a shower cap to just rinse off really quick after my workout. I guess that won't help you too much with getting dry skin, but at least you smell nice and your hair is safe!
    I have heard dry shampoo is wonderful, but I have yet to try it!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Don't get your hair wet, use lukewarm water, and only use soap on the smelly bits. Natural oils on your skins will protect the the skin and won't be washed away if the water isn't hot. Heck, I do the same thing with my hair - just rinse with water, maybe a little conditioner and only shampoo every four days or so.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I do as another poster said, just rinse the sweaty bits after a workout with a tiny bit of shower gel, I only need to wash my hair every third day so I wear a shower cap.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    It's super hot here so if I got home and wanted to jump in the shower quick to cool down and feel refreshed I'd take a nice cool shower. Far better on the skin than warm or hot water. I'd pull my hair up in a pony or as some shared cover your hair and keep it from getting wet if that's the plan.

Cool showers feel wonderful in the Summer after feeling grimy working in the yard mowing, gardening etc.

I spend a lot time in the Pool so typically shower at the Y. I always take a QUICK cold shower including my hair before I hit the pool. The reason being to save my hair and skin and actually my suit as well from the rough chemicals. Cold water closes your pores and hair follicles and the protects the suit as well from getting loaded with to many chemicals.

After I do the same thing before showering. Cold/cool water to wash all the chemicals off my skin, out of my hair and off my suit. I then do a warm shower, soap, shampoo etc. Warm water opens the pores and then a cool down at the end closes them again. Sheesh I should write a book, I know way to much about this! :D

Why I just typed all that... heck if I know. Trying to psych myself up for my class in the morning probably. lol

You've gotten some helpful ideas... hopefully some will help you out. :)
    Plus now you know what works best if you decide to go swim at the gym too. :laugh:
  • suzieprstn199
    suzieprstn199 Posts: 25 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Regarding the dry skin, I make my own scrub with brown sugar and either olive oil or baby oil. Add in few drops of essential tea tree oil also. Leaves my skin really soft and smooth and the oil forms a layer. If you put it on at the start of the shower should moisturize and protect skin from rest of shower. Plus you'll smell lovely!
  • kerstenk141
    kerstenk141 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I use a shower cap. Dry shampoo is wonderful. I'll use that then a quick 30 second blow dry on a cool setting. Rinse off - luke warm water...go as cold as you can handle. Only soap up what needs to be soaped. I get really dry skin but after I rinse I use that jergens lotion meant for wet skin - it's awesome.
  • CajunCher2005
    CajunCher2005 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Corn starch works great as a dry shampoo, and a lot cheaper.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    YES to the shower cap! I wash my hair every-other-day as well.....on the days I don't wash it, I but my hair up in a bun and put a shower cap on. I used to hate to sweat many years ago - now I consider it a sign of a good workout. Power on!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I love the Say Yes To products. Blueberries, Carrots, Cucumbers, etc. very gentle on your skin and hair and they don't test on animals. I get mine at Target or Amazon.
  • kattycake93
    kattycake93 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU everyone yes I shower every other day and work out every other day. I don't know why I've never though my of a shower cap so thank you ladies!! I didn't know that if I used cold water it would protect the natural oils so I won't use hot water. I usually do a fully fledged scrub shower but I'll just scrub the bits that need it the most. Thank you!! :-)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Just a quick jump in the shower. I usually take a full on shower in the morning then a jump in and rinse in the afternoon
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU everyone yes I shower every other day and work out every other day. I don't know why I've never though my of a shower cap so thank you ladies!! I didn't know that if I used cold water it would protect the natural oils so I won't use hot water. I usually do a fully fledged scrub shower but I'll just scrub the bits that need it the most. Thank you!! :-)

Interesting
  • trinabot19
    trinabot19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use a hair wrap towel to keep my hair dry in the shower when Im not washing it! You can get them in a 2 pack at target for 10 dollars in the bath/shower section! I shower every day (especially in summer) but I only need to wash my hair twice a week..or it would get way too dry and probably fall off Haha :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    You don't even need a dang shower cap. I used a plastic grocery bag.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Or just don't get my hair wet. Rocket science.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,052 Member
    Options
    Well, yes, I guess a plastic shopping bag would do in a pinch.

But shower caps are very cheap,couple of dollars each and can re use many many times.

I shower every day but only wash my hair alternate days and use shower cap to keep it dry on alternate days.
    Each shower cap lasts about 6 months before elastic wears out and need replacing.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I wash my hair twice per week and shower every day and don't cover my hair...it doesn't really get wet. I just don't stick it in the water.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,052 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Depends how long your hair is.
    I notice in OP's avatar that her hair is quite long, I don't think that would work for her.