Exercise that burns a lot fast!

Options
I need to have some good go to exercises that burn lots fast for when I go over at the end of the day on cals and I'd like to burn them off if possible. What are some good exercises that burn lots of calories the quickest?

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Skipping with high intensity. Around 140 calories every 10 minutes of full skipping.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I need to have some good go to exercises that burn lots fast for when I go over at the end of the day on cals and I'd like to burn them off if possible. What are some good exercises that burn lots of calories the quickest?

Deal with your input, if you're consistently eating over goal, eat less.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Skipping with high intensity. Around 140 calories every 10 minutes of full skipping.

So anything with a METS value of 11 or above if you weigh around 160lbs would achieve this. You're talking about intense cardio of any variety really

But honestly I think you're looking st it wrong ...you shouldn't be trying to do this you should be focusing on your intake and exercising for fitness and health goals ..this is unsustainable
  • Domilg23
    Domilg23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Skipping, dance, cardio run
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,198 Member
    Options
    Jogging up multiple flights of stairs.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    The Power or Hang Clean & Press is a huge calorie burner, I incorporate that often into both my cardio and strength training.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    One hour time trial on a bike burns about 900 cals for me - but I do it to be better on the bike not to burn calories.

Any prolonged cardio at a high but sustainable intensity will do.

But it's not a substitute for planning better and controlling your intake, think long term habits not short term corrections.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Burpees
  • ILOVEU21
    ILOVEU21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you can find a tabata class anywhere at a gym that's high intensity and if you take it in the morning you will burn calories throughout the day I do it once a week for my high intensity days.