Any tips for a newbie?

Options
Hi, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed on how and where to start. I finding it hard to develop a routine. Most days I skip meals and some days I feel Like I could eat my house! I would love to hear tips that I can incorporate into my very busy lifestyle. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• tmi_gang
    tmi_gang Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's about what you consume.
    Skipping meals is not a good idea, however. In my own opinion. I'm not a dietitian of course.

High sodium foods tend to make me feel bloated and make me want to eat more.
    What do you normally eat?
  • cysmithrpn
    cysmithrpn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The sodium info is good to know. I tend to crave salty or savoury foods rather than sweet. I am trying very hard to eat more regularly and to eat fresh options rather than prepackaged. It's so hard. I think my biggest downfall is diet coke and bread.
  • tmi_gang
    tmi_gang Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Tbh, I love diet drinks too.
    That's what gets me. The sodium. Although, there are others who will argue it has no effect, speaking from personal experience, diet drinks make it harder for me to not eat. Weird, eh?
  • Natalierae886
    Natalierae886 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    If you bloat allot keep a journal of when it happens, for me if I eat bread im bloated and the scale seems to be up the next day, may be a family thing (my aunties the same) but its worth recognising how your bodys responding to food.
    And also... slimming tablets dont work for everyone, ive spend hundreds trying different ranges and they were useless!
  • cysmithrpn
    Options
    Tmi_gang, diet coke is my vice. It's so hard to give up. I agree, although I don't salt my foods, I'm getting too much sodium through my drinks. Ugh. Do you substitute with anything when the craving hits?

Natalieray886, thanks for the link! I love bread! Rye mostly. I will pay attention to the scales, which is something I never do. Im honestly afraid that it will discourage me, maybe it will do the opposite if I have tools and tips like this. Thanks
  • lindarpolk
    lindarpolk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Keep going and don't give up, even when it seems like you should start seeing progress. It seems like it takes way to long to start seeing rewards for your efforts. Just keep doing the right things and they come.

I eat a lot of frozen vegetables. They're cheap, convenient and low in sodium. I don't put anything on mine because I like they almost taste like they're from the garden.
  • cysmithrpn
    Options
    Lindarpolk, thanks for the encouragement! :)
  • cysmithrpn
    Options
    One day at a time......keep on trucking.....here today, gone tomorrow......

All this self talk is making me feel like I have an imaginary friend, but it's working :)