How is this food 0 grams of carbs?

Options
I seem to have found the miracle food for people doing a Keto diet, but I have a hard time believing this is legitimate...

By 0 grams, I mean net (total carbs - dietary fibre).

fzaonmtpcwvs.jpg

Replies

• migirslot
    migirslot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well, I just answered my own question by calling the company...

Turns out it was a labelling error. The dry mix is 32g of total carbs, with 2g of carbs.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    The other weird thing is that it's 11% of your daily carbs before it's prepared and 4% when you add crap to the mix to make it? Highly unlikely.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Easy - it isn't.

Hell - look at the first ingredient: organic cane sugar. Then, look at the listing for sugars: 0. This is obviously incorrect.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    That, and if you add up the macros individually and multiply by 9 for fat grams and 4 for carbs/protein grams, they don't add up to the total number of calories listed. It's clearly an error.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it. Ingredients are required to be listed by order of volume by law.... and the first ingredient is sugar cane, yet the nutrition information label lists no sugars... so... it's all messed up.

Wouldn't trust it.

tumblr_mx5tzzGpPA1qzs8mdo1_500.gif

Is that law(s) the same in Canada, where this was manufactured?
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I don't believe it. Ingredients are required to be listed by order of volume by law.... and the first ingredient is sugar cane, yet the nutrition information label lists no sugars... so... it's all messed up.

Wouldn't trust it.

tumblr_mx5tzzGpPA1qzs8mdo1_500.gif

Is that law(s) the same in Canada, where this was manufactured?

Don't know the answer to that, but to be sold in the US it is required to be listed that way no matter where it's manufactured... and this product is available in the US according to google.
  • LCChris2016
    LCChris2016 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say"don't do it!" But I see you called them :)