Tasty, but healthy salad dressing

Options
amyt2778
amyt2778 Posts: 4 Member
I'm looking for a salad dressing that tastes good, but is low in fat. I prefer ranch or Cesar.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    hot sauce
  • Befy88
    Befy88 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Balsamic Vinegar, Lemon Juice with a pinch of salt and Black pepper or a dash of Chili Olive Oil -those are my go to ones
  • amyt2778
    Options
    Thanks
  • xWondertje
    xWondertje Posts: 65 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I make my own salad dressing which is from a recipe I got from my boyfriend's dad. It beats any other dressing I've ever had!

Recipe:
    1 part vinegar
    2 parts olive oil
    Lots of pressed garlic
    Salad seasoning (some kind of seasoning mix here in Sweden)
    Little bit of pepper

It's absolutely amazing, and according to my calculations 60 calories per tablespoon. So if I make a light salad, I can take two whole tablespoons! Usually one is enough though.
  • amyt2778
    Options
    Thanks. Thought sounds simple.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    I use salsa... it's pretty low calorie, tasty, and can vary in texture to your tastes based on how you make it or what brand you buy.
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If you like a creamy dressing, I'd suggest trying to find a recipe online that uses silken tofu. It will absorb the taste of what you flavor it with- maybe use the powder ranch flavoring that you're supposed to add to sour cream? Try blending that up in the food processor until it's smooth & creamy, and maybe add a little water as needed. I don't like creamy dressings, but I use silken tofu to make an amazing chocolate cream pie- it just absorbs the flavor.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    fitpal4242 wrote: »
    If you like a creamy dressing, I'd suggest trying to find a recipe online that uses silken tofu. It will absorb the taste of what you flavor it with- maybe use the powder ranch flavoring that you're supposed to add to sour cream? Try blending that up in the food processor until it's smooth & creamy, and maybe add a little water as needed. I don't like creamy dressings, but I use silken tofu to make an amazing chocolate cream pie- it just absorbs the flavor.

Ah tofu, I've never thought of that. I use Greek yogurt in place of sour cream or mayo to mix up with the Hidden Valley type packets.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I love bolthouse farms salsa ranch. . its yogurt based and 45 cal for 2 tablespoons. . they also have classic ranch and 4 or 5 others. Its in with the refrigerated dressings.

Eta. . . I looked at their website they also have caesar.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I like balsamic vinegar, or if you like things a little thicker than try dark or white balsamic glaze. Both of the glazes have sugar in them, but no fat - however you don't need a lot, they go a long way and are still less calories than most bottled salad dressings.
  • amellonb
    amellonb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here's a good bottled one: Ken's Steak House Lite Northern Italian with Basil & Romano. 2 tbsp = 45 calories
  • Happysoul0317
    Happysoul0317 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Olde Cape Cod lite poppyseed isn't too bad. Taste great with half the calories and very little fat, but it's still creamy
  • vitty1
    vitty1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Low fat Italian - Fat free OR

honey Dijon

1 tablespoon walden farms pancake syrup with Dijon, lemon juice, salt and pepper and evoo!

boom!