Almost vegan. not by choice

Options
So this is something I struggle with heavily. I love the idea of veganism and I am considering going full on vegan. I am almost vegan as it is, but that is because my body will not correctly digest any meat, dairy, eggs, pretty much anything from an animal, without stomach pain. I believe that my stomach issues fuel from when I was a baby I was always on antibiotics for ear infections and I've been told that, that can cause stomach issues later on in life. Any ideas on how to go full on vegan? Animal products I'll still eat include honey, little bit of cheese, whey proteins and I believe that is about it.

Replies

• suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Before someone jumps on you you're going to be mostly Plant based not vegan....vegan are ethical and would not partake in anything animal based to be truly vegan you couldn't have honey or milk products or have leather, wool, certain makeups and medicines. Google and the library are your friend here to give you an idea of how to get what nutrients etc you need from the foods you are going to eat
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    If you want to be vegan stop eating animals or anything that comes from animals.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    You can get vegan cheese and protein powders and I use date nectar instead of honey.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    @skyehighlifting Here is a group of people eating as you describe:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores