Is there anything you DON'T count?

Options
2»

Replies

• pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Every now and again I have to munch on some Malox...don't count those mostly because it's usually in the middle of the night. Don't count gum unless I have more than 2 pieces in a day but because I usually have plenty of room in my diary for the additional 5 or 10 calories, I figure more than that is worth adding. I also don't count the veggies on my sandwich, I mean really, how do you add in a single leaf of letture or slice of tomato? Besides, like someone else said, I'm trying to live a new lifestyle, no be on a diet and I refuse to get that obsessive over calories. Now with all that said, if I have a sudden jump back up in my weight that I can't logically explain (ie went on vacation didn't pay attention to what I was eating and gained 3lbs) then I will log EVERY SINGLE thing I put in my mouth for a couple of days to see if some of those "little things" are adding up more than I realized.

Good Luck!!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I don't post my coffee. I drink it black, so it's only 5 or 6 calories.

I don't typically post my salad dressing. I measure 1 tbsp and it's low cal stuff so only 25 or 30 calories.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Coffee, Mrs. Dash, Splenda. I often don't count condiments like ketchup, salsa, and mustard but I should due to sodium.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I count pretty much everything when I count.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Olive oil IS good for you, but it is also high in calories. I do count it. I never feel badly for eating it, though! I don't count sugar free gum, but other than that I pretty much count everything.
  • tusher2011
    tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i don't count the TB of milk i put in my coffee every morning. i also don't count the 3-4 jalepeno slices i put in my sandwich, or the oregeno/spices i put on a pizza, or the mustard i use. if i did that, i think i would be driving myself crazy...
  • MsLadyVirgo
    MsLadyVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't count: gum, mint, certain spices, and seasonings.

I pretty much count everything else, or simply add quick calories for smaill things.

In the past, I would not count fresh fruits & veggies. I may take a month of repeating this just to see what happens. However, I will make notes in my Journal, but not count the intake towards calories or carbs, but count it towards fiber.
  • OliveLucas
    OliveLucas Posts: 84
    Options
    i don't count water, lemon water, green tea, spices, mustard.
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    I pretty much log everything right now and don't see why I would stop.
  • Bristle82
    Bristle82 Posts: 100
    Options
    I put it all down and then it helps if you dont lose weight/inches in those weeks :)
  • LollipopViolet
    LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    So far, the only thing I haven't counted, is from yesterday. I went out and shared some tapas with friends, and I couldn't find anything remotely like what I ate in the database (a little bit of a few things) as it was a local place. Other than that, I do log everything because I want to know where my calories are going, and if I can possibly make better choices at certain times.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I refuse to let myself become obsessive over what I eat. If I do that, then it's not a lifestyle change, instead it's a diet and I've always ended up going off my diets and regaining weight. I log most everything I eat, but I don't log the sugar free gum I chew, I don't log condiments like mustard or ketchup, I don't log my veggie toppings on my pizza or sandwich and I don't log spices. I usually have 20-50 calories left at the end of the day, so those items are accounted for most of the time, though if not, I don't worry about it.
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hot Sauce . I use it all the time. That being said i DO add my morning Emergen-c vitamin packet (it's 20 cals)
  • emmaline8
    emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't count spices, gum/sugar free mints, vinegar, vitamins, or zero/low calorie drinks like tea. Maybe it "adds up", but it hasn't hindered my weight loss at all.
  • VaBeachNurse
    Options
    Personally I think that everything going into your mouth should be counted, at least in the beginning. If you are going to count calories, you might as well do it correctly!! You would be surprised at how quickly the little things add up.
    Once you get going and you are a couple of weeks into it that when you can kinda figure out what you can get away with not counting.
    I count everything, if I don't I gain weight!