Looking for online friends on a similar journey as my own

Options
Jesswell1412
Jesswell1412 Posts: 15 Member
edited July 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi, my name is Jessica, and I'm a 30 year old MBA graduate living in Illinois. I have been struggling with my weight for the last 7 years as it has been fluctuating between 250-260 pounds. I am 5ft 7.5 in. I'm just looking for some motivation FROM THOSE who are on similar journey. I am totally able to self sustain- but, to interact with others while on this journey is harmless. Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• Jesswell1412
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's not up to other people to motivate you, if you want to be successful in your weight loss you need to figure out what works for you from the inside.
  • Jesswell1412
    Options
    Tavistocktoad - it is OBVIOUS that the motivation needs to come from within. BUT, to want other support from those taking a similar journey as your own- there is nothing wrong with that.
  • marvindaily
    marvindaily Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Don't worry Jessica, I'll add you!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for outside motivation, read the Success Stories forum!
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Tavistocktoad - it is OBVIOUS that the motivation needs to come from within. BUT, to want other support from those taking a similar journey as your own- there is nothing wrong with that.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with that, did I?
  • marvindaily
    marvindaily Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No, but you implied it. You may want to reread your response Tavisstocktoad
  • Jesswell1412
    Options

I didn't say there was anything wrong with that, did I?

What was the purpose of your initial post then?? It is all about perception. TavistockToad

• Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request, too. And it's completly reasonable to get motivation from others. I read through different posts and it helps motivate me as well. My REASON to get into shape is completly selfish and my own; I want to be healthier than my parent and siblings, I want to live long enough to meet my grandchildren (which had better still be a few years away since my oldest is still on high school), and I want to turn heads when I walk by. However, reading what other people post gives you new ideas, shows you a different point of view, and can help motivate. I wish people weren't so rude. We are all here to support and lift each other up, hopefully not year each other down and criticize because you don't like the way they phrased their post. Everyone learns to English differently depending on the country, state, or even family they grew up in.
  • Jesswell1412
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »
    I sent you a request, too. And it's completly reasonable to get motivation from others. I read through different posts and it helps motivate me as well. My REASON to get into shape is completly selfish and my own; I want to be healthier than my parent and siblings, I want to live long enough to meet my grandchildren (which had better still be a few years away since my oldest is still on high school), and I want to turn heads when I walk by. However, reading what other people post gives you new ideas, shows you a different point of view, and can help motivate. I wish people weren't so rude. We are all here to support and lift each other up, hopefully not year each other down and criticize because you don't like the way they phrased their post. Everyone learns to English differently depending on the country, state, or even family they grew up in.

Thank you for the positive response! Brans34
  • atitagain1958
    atitagain1958 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jessica, and I'm a 30 year old MBA graduate living in Illinois. I have been struggling with my weight for the last 7 years as it has been fluctuating between 250-260 pounds. I am 5ft 7.5 in. I'm just looking for some motivation FROM THOSE who are on similar journey. I am totally able to self sustain- but, to interact with others while on this journey is harmless. Please feel free to add me!

I just sent you a request! And I apologize for some of the rude people on here! There are A LOT of VERY nice and supportive people too!

Brans34 wrote: »

I agree with you regarding the rude people on here. Totally unnecessary! This is not a forum to have an attitude to chose a fight! We're all here for the same reason. We all should be supporting each other!

• rwalston86
    rwalston86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" ...my weight likes to stay between 260 and 230! Uhg! Time to fix that though ... I'll add you!
  • Jesswell1412
    Options
    Thank you for such positive feedback everyone!
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica. I would be more than happy to share my journey with you. We're all in the same boat, fighting many of the same demons. Feel free to add me
  • TavistockToad
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Nice edit to your post OP :laugh:
  • Jesswell1412
    Options
    Nice edit to your post OP :laugh:

I find it funny how much a "keyboard troll" you have shown yourself to be today. Act your age and grow a pair while you're at it
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hi there, feel free to add me! I am in the same height and weight range as yourself and in this for the long haul - it has been more fun than I expected so far. WITH the support of some very nice and inspiring online friends here in MFP.
  • danibabii11
    danibabii11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. :) im trying to lose a decent amount as well its alwats nice to talk to someone about the ups and downs. Good luck!!!