Farm lady needs motivate and is on herblife

Options
IceBerry
IceBerry Posts: 8 Member
Living on farm can be hard since there isnt much around to workout with friends. U may wonder why cuz many known farms r hard working. We r only raising crops and with technologies taking away some of our exercise. I need to lose at least 160lbs n it looks a long way to lose. Needing the motivation and help here. Would love to talk with farm wife who has experience n can share how u manages this

Replies

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You lost me on herbalife.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to get support. But, I would save your money on the herbalife. It is a temporary fix and is expensive. The money you spend can be better spent elsewhere. Eat healthy, fulfilling foods. Stay away from processed crap and sugar and get moving. Your farm is like a playground. Use it to your advantage and get moving!

Good luck :) You've got this!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @IceBerry People will be rude to you because you mentioned Herbalife. Don't be discouraged at the rudeness of the people who will reply to your post. There are lots of supportive groups and threads on MFP. Explore the forums and find your best fit. And welcome to MFP.
  • erwingeminie20
    erwingeminie20 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Since you are at the farm. It is more accessible for all the veggies that you can eat. Try doing a plant based diet for a change.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    @IceBerry People will be rude to you because you mentioned Herbalife. Don't be discouraged at the rudeness of the people who will reply to your post. There are lots of supportive groups and threads on MFP. Explore the forums and find your best fit. And welcome to MFP.

Rude?
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Hi iceberry :) All you need is a calorie deficit. Herbalife is expensive and teaches you nothing about maintaining your weight when you get there. Read the stickies at the top of these boards, loads of good info!

You can do this

This, you can do this and with the help and support on these boards you'll do well. May I ask why you decided to go down the Herbal life route instead of choosing healthy eating?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

Yup. I feel it coming :s
    Since you are at the farm. It is more accessible for all the veggies that you can eat. Try doing a plant based diet for a change.

I was going to suggest "straw"; anything will be better than Herbalife :#
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Since you are at the farm. It is more accessible for all the veggies that you can eat. Try doing a plant based diet for a change eating fewer calories than you burn.

Fixed it for you.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

That's cute.
  • sandicat6
    sandicat6 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hey i also live on a farm. add me as a friend
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Saver yourself serious money and quit herbalife.
    Go to walmart buy a protein shake and some multivitamins instead.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

I don't understand why you posted this. Telling people the truth is not rude...it's telling the truth. :)
    IceBerry wrote: »
    Living on farm can be hard since there isnt much around to workout with friends. U may wonder why cuz many known farms r hard working. We r only raising crops and with technologies taking away some of our exercise. I need to lose at least 160lbs n it looks a long way to lose. Needing the motivation and help here. Would love to talk with farm wife who has experience n can share how u manages this

I grew up on a small farm and loved it. Lots of vegetables, fresh meat, and wonderful fruit from a neighbor's tree. I really miss growing my own food.

The only thing required to lose weight is a calorie deficit. I understand you have a lot of weight to lose, but I want to encourage you to not use herbalife and to simply learn portion control and eat the foods you love in moderation, and to throw the herbalife today. Why? Because the only it will work is if you eat a calorie deficit. If you use herbalife but don't eat at a calorie deficit, you will not lose weight. Heck, you can even gain on it if you eat too much on a consistent basis!

I know you can do this! Good luck!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    OP, I grew up on a farm. It was mixed cattle and grain, so lots of work with the animals. That being said, the others who are saying that all you need is a calorie deficit, are correct. You could create your own obstacle course on the farm, so there's that option. There's still a lot of work to be done, the equipment cuts down some of it, but certainly not all. As for the herbalife, maybe take the money you would spend on it each month and put that into a jar/savings account, and use it for rewards along the way. First 10%, manicure. Second 10%, mani and pedi. Third 10% some new clothes (you'll start to need some at this point. You get the idea! You got this!

Initial shots fired by.....

• IceBerry
    IceBerry Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    IceBerry wrote: »
    Thanks

It's all about working with what you have, and finding out ways to tweak it. If you have to completely overhaul everything, you will be less likely to stick with it.

The biggest problem is having the patience. Just remind yourself with every 10lbs gone, that is so much closer to your goal weight than if you hadn't been paying attention.

Best of luck! Read some of the stickied threads at the top of the "getting started" and "general diet" forums. There's a lot of great information out there!
  • treseyf
    treseyf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is a waste of money and a health risk.

What are the health risks to herbalife?
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    treseyf wrote: »
    Herbalife is a waste of money and a health risk.

What are the health risks to herbalife?

Liver failure.
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

People aren't being rude for mentioning things against Herbalife. That is costly and dangerous. A good friend wouldn't recommend it to another friend. If anything, I think it's kindness that folks are warning her about that.

To the op...feel free to ask any questions. The only money I spent for my weightloss is a good pair of shoes, a scale, and a Fitbit (for my own personal account ability...not needed).

I would stay away from fad pills that says u can lose weight. I've lost 70 pounds since February 2016 without spending one dollar on a pill

Calorie in and calorie out and lotsa support is the key!!