Recommend a good strength training DVD

Options
I really like working out with DVD's, and I do a walking DVD already, but I want to add a strength training DVD as well. I need this to be something that does not require equipment other than my dumbbells or my weighted balls. Can anyone recommend a DVD for me?

Replies

• mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    ChaLean extreme and P90X can be done with bands or weights...they say use whatever you have!
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I used a Burn and Firm Pilates for weight training, when I first started out..and the 30 Day shred incorporates strength, cardio and Abs....I am now doing Power 90 (soon moving to P90X) which has strength training 3 days a week and cardio the other 3.... Not sure if this helps, or exactly what type of strength training you are loooking for.... :)
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels 'No more trouble zones' for toning, its quite tough, but broken down into circuits which makes it manageable. All you need is hand weights and a mat.
  • MsLadyVirgo
    MsLadyVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Go on to BeachBody's website; you'll find a couple of good ones.

I currently use Chalean's Turbo Jam: Turbo Sculpt & her Lower Body Workout; and some minor Strength Training w/Stott Pilates Fitness Circle & The Wii Fit Plus.

I'm going to step things up in late August and invest in "ChaLean Extreme" workout.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You gotta check out personal training with jackie warner
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hands down, my favorite is ChaLean Extreme.
  • red_hatorade
    red_hatorade Posts: 166
    Options
    Oh, and what does it mean when someone says "bump"?
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Bump is just a way of saving a thread so that it goes into the 'my topics' list, so that you can read it later.
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    In my opinion it's best to get one that encourages fewer reps/heavier weight e.g: Supreme 90, Split Sessions, LIFT (Kelley Coffey-Meyer), Cathe Friedrich dvds, P90x, Chalean extreme

You can search by type of workout, and your fitness level and see clips on collagevideo.com
  • red_hatorade
    Options
    I am going to check out Chalene Extreme. i am hoping this gives me a bit more of a workout than the Walk at Home DVD with Leslie Sansone. I may alternate days depending on how I feel, but if I can get through the Chalene Extreme alright then I will do hers every day.
  • red_hatorade
    Options
    Thanks Kate!
  • fitnesschick2011
    Options
    I love "Weight Training: Getting the Body You Want" by Annie Clark. She's an Aussie fitness instructor and the DVD covers strength training for the whole body, in a 3 day workout.

You can get it on her website www.annieclark.com.au or from ebay.