lauraxx2015xx
lauraxx2015xx Posts: 29 Member
hi all please can I have ideas for breakfast thanks x

Replies

• SurfCityBeachGuy
    SurfCityBeachGuy Posts: 50 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Old Fashioned Oatmeal has more Fiber than Quick Oatmeal. Put walnut or pecan pieces on your Oatmeal. Fresh Blueberry, Blackberries or fresh strawberries. Top it off with just a little Carnation Vanilla creamer. Hardboiled Eggs make a great breakfest with a slice of toast.
  • SurfCityBeachGuy
    SurfCityBeachGuy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast sandwiches from English muffins, half slice cheese, egg, and a slice of bacon or Canadian bacon.. wrap them individually then freeze. My own egg mcmuffins. I also make breakfast burritos. Just reheat in the microwave and viola!

I also make overnight oats with a variety of mix-ins and flavors.

What ingredients do you use in the overnight oats ? Tell us how to make it please. Is it baked ?
    Sounds Yummy !
  • moppie61
    moppie61 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I found some good quick brekkie recipes in a book called 300 under 300 (I think). My favourite is the breakfast mugs. Spray a large soup mug or bowl with cooking spray. Drop in 2 eggs and mix up, a torn up slice of bread (I use gluten free), 2 tbsp. Salsa and a sprinkling of shredded cheese. Mix all together and nuke for 30 sec at a time, stirring in between until fully cooked. It's super easy and low calorie, high protein and filling.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    On work days, I like to just have a glass of soy or coconut milk for breakfast, then I'll have a mid-morning snack with fruit, cheese and nuts. Sometimes I'll have a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast. On weekends, steel-cut oatmeal with nuts & fruit or eggs and bacon.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt "parfait." Greek yogurt, fruit, Fiber One cereal & a sprinkle of nuts. Protein, fat & fiber. Keeps me full until lunch.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I usually make a spinach and mushroom omelette using egg whites and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Thinking about trying them as a scramble this week though with an English muffin!
  • Biffybeans1
    Biffybeans1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1/2 Bay's toasted Multigrain English Muffin spread with 1/2 T. Sabra plain hummus, 1 T. chopped walnuts added to a small bowl of fresh mixed fruit (options....blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, banana slices) and a plain cup of Green Tea. 151 calories
  • alayneb123
    alayneb123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Tomato and mozzarella egg white omelette with fresh basil, fat free low calorie yogurt with a cup of blueberries, and a steaming cup of green tea with Stevia. 227 calories for the whole meal
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast sandwiches from English muffins, half slice cheese, egg, and a slice of bacon or Canadian bacon.. wrap them individually then freeze. My own egg mcmuffins. I also make breakfast burritos. Just reheat in the microwave and viola!

I also make overnight oats with a variety of mix-ins and flavors.

What ingredients do you use in the overnight oats ? Tell us how to make it please. Is it baked ?
    Sounds Yummy !

I use:
    40 grams of regular oats
    1/2 cup to 3/4 cup almond milk (regular milk works fine, too)
    as the "base"

then add in:
    - brown sugar, cinnamon, banana or raisins
    - PB2 (peanut butter powder - 12g), cinnamon, banana
    - fresh or dried cherries, cardamom, honey
    - maple syrup, PB2, cinnamon
    - dried figs or dates, honey, cardamom
    - applesauce, cinnamon, raisins
    - mango, coconut, honey

Basically, start with your oatmeal/liquid ratio then add in flavors that sound tasty. Put ingredients in individual containers and pop in the fridge the night before.. then in the morning you can eat it cold or warm it up a bit.

I've done over night oats in a slow cooker and they are very tasty, but my slow cooker tends to burn the outside layer.. so it ends up being more trouble than it's worth with the cleanup and waste.

You can also make little oatmeal "muffins" that are simple to grab in the AM. http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-baked-oatmeal-cups-222825 (sample recipe, I've not tried it)
  • tqran
    tqran Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    75g oats and 30g muesli (alpen) or bran flakes with milk (~200ml). Eat cold or microwave
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    One avocado and a hot tea (i put butter and heavy cream in my tea) but you know what you like best! Good Luck
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    also, to the over night oats...I've added Greek yogurt for added protein and a smoother consistency.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Poached egg on a toasted, light English muffin, topped with chia seeds.
    Sometimes a slice of Canadian bacon too.