Low FODMAP Motivation & Support Group

Options
Hi all, I've recently been put on a low FODMAP diet by my GI doc for some stomach issues. It's day 1 so I'm new to this. I love myfitnesspal and saw several requests on here to start a group for help and support. If there are any other low FODMAP people out there, I thought we could use this discussion to share recipes, encouragement, progress, etc.

Replies

• mlindenmuth36
    mlindenmuth36 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm new to Low FODMAP too. Day 5 here after Drs. orders. I would love to chat more with people doing it.
  • rowege
    rowege Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Been on it for over a year and a half and the only way it's helped me is that I've lost weight so when I bloat, there's not as much to bloat
  • newereveryday
    newereveryday Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Most of my meals are low FODMAP so my husband can eat them, too. I don't share the struggle in the same way, but at least I can share and learn recipes with others who need a low FODMAP plan.
  • Christinammoore2015
    Christinammoore2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been eating low fodmap foods for over a year because I also suffer from ibs and is only thing that helps- I'm also gluten intolerant so have to eat gluten free. Finding it very difficult though to lose weight at the minute - and am ending up eating high fodmap vegetables and fruit to try and help my weight loss- can anyone share recipes or tips on how to lose weight whilst on low fodmap diet please?
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm eating low fodmap for more than 2 years already. (Plus many other restrictions). Feel free to add me!
  • nsnc_87
    nsnc_87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been on FODMAP for a few months and for me it has been incredibly helpful. I was in constant pain/discomfort and now I feel great.
    I did try to incorporate certain foods but so far the only thing I have no reaction to is lactose in moderate quantities.
    I would love if you could share ideas or recipes. My imagination gets stuck and for the life of me I cannot make a decent snack or meal :)
  • EK2828
    EK2828 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just found out yesterday I need to start a high FODMAP elimination diet... and I need to get back in the habit of logging, as my weight has been creeping up! I need to do some research though as most of my go-to foods seem to be on the "avoid" list, so this will be a great resource!
  • Lara1609
    Lara1609 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on low fodmap diet for the past 3 months for stomach issues including the usual bloating/cramps/nausea etc. Has anyone found exercise affects how effective the fodmap diet is for these issues? my doctor didn't have enough experience with the diet to be able to give me answer for this and I would love to know if being more active is going to boost my fodmap efforts!
  • ydyms
    Options
    Being active is amazing for bloating from ibs. I find that if I'm feeling distended from eating something wrong, and then I go for a run, I automatically feel somewhat better.
  • miss_aims
    miss_aims Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've been considering going on the low-FODMAP because my doctor thinks that I may have IBS (however we're still waiting on some tests to come back to make sure it's not something else). Feel free to add me!
  • Pixeebug
    Pixeebug Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well. I have been instructed to do the low fodmap diet due to IBS.
    Going to really kick it in to gear this weekend and see what happens.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I'm low fodmaps plus other restrictions for Crohn's
  • jordiblu
    jordiblu Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Add me I'm dairy, sugar and gluten free for years and very happy with results
  • ydyms
    Options
    I'd love to have some low fodmap friends! Add me too :)
  • EK2828
    EK2828 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Do any of you have favorite recipes (specifically quick and easy things for someone who hates to cook) that you'd recommend? I haven't started cutting things out yet and don't really know where to start!
  • ydyms
    Options
    Check out Kate Scarlata. She's got amazing ideas! blog.katescarlata.com
  • ebaze28
    ebaze28 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Please add me to the group as well. My GI doc put me on a low FODMAP diet for my IBS and recommended I also go dairy-free. I just started the elimination diet this week.
  • Wadykacaa
    Wadykacaa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group! Low fodmap had been very helpful for my tummy issues but is SO difficult!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I have a malabsorption disorder. I am on a low fodmap diet. The Monash University Low Fodmap Diet App is very helpful.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I've just been advised to start a low fodmap diet by my gastroenterologist while I wait for additional testing. I started Wednesday and have already lost 8 lbs and I can see much of my swelling is reduced. I also have alot of food sensitivities and intestinal surgery (car accident) so my diet is very restricted. I appreciate finding this group for encouragement. Right now I am just eating meat and broth (with only salt) for the next couple of weeks.