what is your go-to sauce or seasoning to put on cooked veggies?

Options
Im trying to eat more veggies and im getting better..Im looking for a type of seasoning or sauce I can use that will be low cal and easy...something that I can just drizzle or sprinkle onto my veggies, something already prepared that I can buy and not have to make?

Replies

• noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I no longer worry about low cal or low fat for veggie sauces/seasoning as I'm now keto. But when I was flexible dieting I used any of the Mrs. Dash seasonings, butter seasoning, fat free ranch or Italian. But I usually like veggies plain these days.
  • VividDawn
    VividDawn Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Mrs Dash is awesome!
    I'm trying to gain weight, so everything I use you wouldn't want LOL
    For fresh/raw veggies, I like Ranch dressing (you could use Lite), or hummus. Sabra brand hummus is good...I like the Roasted Pine Nut.
  • Zewwy
    Zewwy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Salted butter, does that count? Lol There is no other like it...
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Vivy913 wrote: »
    Mrs Dash is awesome!
    I'm trying to gain weight, so everything I use you wouldn't want LOL
    For fresh/raw veggies, I like Ranch dressing (you could use Lite), or hummus. Sabra brand hummus is good...I like the Roasted Pine Nut.

YaSSSS roasted pine nut hummus!!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Chili powder or Italian herb blend are my favourites, and add only a few extra calories.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Organic tamari sauce, chili powder, and since we need fat to lose weight, I always add some mayonnaise with fresh herbs. I consult with a registered dietician. She advised me to be certain to add fat to my diet as it helps to lose weight.
  • BigCatMike
    BigCatMike Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Johnny's Seasoning Salt is my go-to seasoning for just about everything I cook. Great stuff. If not available locally, it is available via the company's website.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Cook the veggies with some garlic, salt and pepper. Fresh chopped, jarred or powdered garlic all work.

I'm not a fan of Mrs Dash - I've tried but it lacks much flavor. Then again, I like bold flavors so..... chili powder, cumin, salt and cayenne is awesome on green beans, asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli, potatoes, carrots, peppers, etc. Leave off cayenne if you don't like spicy. Sprinkle on spices and roast. So good.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce and taco seasoning! I like the cholula and la morena chipotle sauces. Almost no calories
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options

Salt.

I don't care for sauces very much ... never have. And I really like the flavour of veggies ... always have. :)
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    0 fat Greek yogurt, dill, mustard and red onion.
    Excellent on practically everything. I would leave store bought and make your own.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    little soy sauce and sliced fresh garlic

tony chachere's and butter
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Salt.

I don't care for sauces very much ... never have. And I really like the flavour of veggies ... always have. :)

This but mine is just a little pepper
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Stubb's green chili anytime sauce (my favorite atm!), hot sauce, balsamic vinegar.
  • magicpickles
    magicpickles Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Lemon :-)
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a little parmesan cheese. Works great on any vegetable before roasting, especially broccoli.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Kraft Fat-Free Thousand Island dressing.
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce, olive oil mayo, opa ranch dressing, mustard, soy sauce ( it's salty tho).
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Bragg's... it's my favorite and the spray bottle makes it so convenient.
  • justlosingtheweight
    justlosingtheweight Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Have you tried cooking up some stir fry veggies? Its my go to easy meal, I buy a sachet of chow mein sauce or black bean sauce etc which range from 50-80 cal per half sachet, spray the pan with light cooking spray 1 cal per spray and fry the stir fry veggies up and add the sauce and usually add chopped chicken breast to it. You can buy packets if stir fry vegetables cheap too :)