Single parents out there?

Options
Hey guys! I'm a single mom to one awesome kid. It gets hard juggling everything and still making time to take care of myself. Anyone want to join me??

Replies

• williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    I might as well be
  • cneeners
    cneeners Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Singlemom!
    I am 42 and also a single mom of one fantastic kid! I also work as a nurse and as a clinical instructor. As if that weren't enough, I am also working toward my Masters. I have decided I really need to move taking care of myself up on my priority list. I am motivated! My goal is to lose 25#, be more active and thus have more energy. My goals this week are to log in my food diary everyday and to follow the C25K program for 3 days. So far I am right on track!

What are your goals?
  • Nic_813
    Nic_813 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm 37, mom to one awesome little 2 yr old. I gained 60 lbs with my pregnancy and and extra 30 after he was born. Long story short...found out my ex was cheating my entire pregnancy, fell into a depression and my life was just about my son and not myself...I let myself go. Now, I am in a happier place and I realized that I'm all my son has and he needs a happy, healthy mommy. I have lost 20 lbs already and ready to get back to me. It's hard on my budget but I'm making work. I'm trying to find activities that I can do that my son can take part in, like us going for walks or dancing at the house. I was a dancer once upon a time and I'd love to teach again. My goal weight is between 140-150. I'm only 5 feet but that weight seems to be where my body is happy, plus, I'm Irish/Puerto Rican so let's face it...I'll always be a curvy girl. Let's be friends! Needing the motivation.
  • elizabethmrozek
    elizabethmrozek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    45 yr old/ single/divorced mom with one 9 year old son. Gained 60 pounds. 3 days into this plan!
  • cneeners
    cneeners Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to add any of you to my friends list! How do we do this so we can cheer one another on?
    I met all my goals this week! Three runs in (today's was really hard on me--totally got over heated!) Logged in my food diary faithfully, and as a bonus I stayed at my calorie goal with good macro balance!
    Goals for next week...follow week two of C25K program, log in my food diary faithfully, and drink (and track) more water. Gonna shoot for 48 ounces a day...

If you can figure out how to friend me that would be awesome! Anybody here on Fitbit?

Please share your successes and goals for next week. We are single mom's....we are tough! We can do anything...we've got this!
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am a single 24 year old independent mother to a awesome 3 year old little guy!
    Anyone can add me.. he loves doing work out videos with me and going to the gym!
  • Trae3
    Trae3 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am also a single mom to a little boy who just turned 1! I lost 30lbs prior to my pregnancy and gained it all back during and post partum.

It's been such a battle trying to get this weight off. Between work and raising a baby it can be tough to stay motivated when I just want five minutes to relax lol.

Anyone can feel free to add me. I really want to stick to my goals and would love to motivate others as well.
  • singlemom_on_a_mission
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Down 11 pounds and feeling awesome!
  • staceynowen
    staceynowen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Single mom of 2 kids, and I work at home! To say it's challenging is an understatement! I would love to be added!
  • mommamia30189
    mommamia30189 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    single mom of 3, one still lives at home but i still support the two that moved out- SO hard to stay motivated and find the time to workout as much as i would like to- add me as a friend!
  • brigg9
    brigg9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Single father here, 37 years old and one absolutely amazing 9 year old daughter. I started 7 months ago, and I'm down 45 pounds as of this morning. 15 more to go to my first goal. I work full time, and I understand completely how hard it can be both mentally, emotionally, physically and financially. But you CAN do it, and it IS worth it! Feel free to add me.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Single mom to my 10yr old daughter in Michigan and second mom to my special needs nephew. Between the two of them I can tell you the juggling act is real:) I have been dedicated to my workouts for some time now but my eating habits could use some improvement.
  • jesscox2003
    jesscox2003 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Single mom to 3, and soon to be 31. Gotta get healthy and back on track so I can keep up with them :)
  • happydance1978
    happydance1978 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 single mama with 14 yr old and a 4 yr old I have a goal of 75lbs and am down 11lbs. I'm so exhausted. And have no motivation for working out yet I love working out...any thoughts?I'd love a couple of friends to encourage the heck out of me and I will gladly do the same. Feel free to add me
  • 1tufmomof4
    1tufmomof4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Proud single mom of 4 energetic and athletic children ages, 11, 13, 15 and 17! I'm 42 and a volunteer coach of 9 sports. I was fit and fab, but an injury brought me to flab and drab. I'm now on the long journey to become the athlete reborn and give my kids (and the kiddos I coach) their best mom and coach back! Let's encourage, motivate and be understanding towards one another. Friend me and game on!
  • singlemom_on_a_mission
    Options
    You guys are all amazing! Glad to have new pals on this journey!
  • rushmermh
    rushmermh Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm a 44 year old father of 3 boys with special needs - ages 17, 14, and 12. I've been married for 20 years, but we separated from her 3 and a half years ago due to her abuse toward my sons and me. My life is incredibly stressful and overwhelming, but I'm hoping that joining MFP will help me to become a healthier and happier person (and therefore a better dad!). Free free to add me if you like. :)

Michael
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Single mon of crazy 4yo boy and a beautiful 10yo daughter. Working full time and doing my best! Glad to see all of you on this thread. I'm not the only one!