Looking for a PCOS weight loss buddy

Options
My name is Mahkeba, I am currently stationed in Stuttgart, Germany serving our wonderful country in the U.S. Army. After 4 years of TTC, we have come to the conclusion that we need to work on us first and TTC, when we are healthier and mentally ready to try again. We have had 2 miscarriage in the past 9 months and I have been on countless amounts of Infertility medications. Due to the meds. I have gained a significant amount of weight and I need to try to get back to the size I was prior to the the second pregnancy and the introduction of meds. If there is anyone out there that is facing the same challenges, please get in contact with me. I just need the support of another female that is maybe going through something similar

Replies

• poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    hya i hope it goes well for u u sure deserve it x
  • benest81
    benest81 Posts: 6
    Options
    HI, I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS.. still all a bit new to me so a buddy would be great :)
  • tasmith3631
    Options
    I also have PCOS. I was diagnosed with it about 11 years ago when it was a fairly new diagnoses and there was no information about it. It has caused me to gain a lot of weight and it's soooo hard to get it off and keep it off. I have had children though. I started young...a pregnant teenager so it hadn't kicked in yet so I had 2 kids before then. Then my husband and I tried for about 3 years to have another child. During that time was when I was diagnosed. All the doctor said to me was hey you have hace PCOS and will never have another child and walked out. I was heart broken because my other 2 children were from previous marriage and my current husband had no children and I wanted to give him a child so bad. We never gave up...tried loosing weight....tried birth control to regulate my periods but it didn't work. Then after 5 more years we went to a new doctor in town and she put me on Clomid and I started Weight Watchers....watched my sugar really close (I have really low blood sugar) and found out my hubby has a LOW sperm count (he was diagnosed with diabetes a few days later) got him on his diabetes diet and meds and started praying!! She said it probably wound't work but would give us at least a year on Clomid before we would go to something else. BUT it worked I was pregnant in 3 months. Now she thinks it was the whole combination that worked but mostly that I had lost 25lbs during those 3 months and was watching my sugar. Also I believe it's because I never lost faith in God and that he would give us the baby we desired so much. Now that little snot is about to turn 4!
    IT CAN HAPPEN! YOU CAN HAVE A BABY i'm proof!!
  • ej200001
    ej200001 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 31 and was diagnosed with PCOS in 2009. I pretty much had to diagnosed myself though as the doctors were no use. I have tried every diet going and now i'm on low Carb as apparently its really good for PCOS as a few other people have said. I have nearly 200lbs to lose so its going to be a very long journey but i need to do this as i'm dying to be a mum. So any help and motivations we can give each other would be great.

EJxx
  • kaleigh787
    kaleigh787 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 24 in a few weeks and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 12 or 13 I think. I just joined MFP last week. I'd be happy to buddy up with someone to offer encouragement to each other!

My goal is to lose 100 lbs by my 25th birthday (July 26, 2012)

Kaleigh
  • msmgis
    msmgis Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi,

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2002. I'm not TTC and I don't have children but would love a PCOS buddy for moral support. It can be tough to live with.

Good luck and thank you for your service,

Michelle
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    another pcos-er here.

one thing that really helps me is to stick to under 100 grams of carbs each day. i had to change mfp's default settings.
  • sweetsurprise13
    Options
    I am one here as well and I have a 4 year old son. I had lost weight and got pregnant and then gained all back plus some and lost it right after i had him and then it all came back. It is hard but doable to lose weight!
  • wlddove
    wlddove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS late last year (at 31) and started taking Metformin. So glad one of my doctors finally thought to test me for it! Since then, I've found weight loss to be a bit easier, which I'm liking. I'm not TTC or even thinking about having kids, but thought I'd say Hi anyways!
  • mummyflippers
    Options
    Hi,

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 10 years ago now, although I had another scan last year and it showed that the cysts had reduced dramatically after I had lost quite a bit of weight, which is great.

I'm incredibly lucky in that I have been able to conceive 2 children despite having no periods for years at a time, so both came as a bit of a shock! But I'm unlucky in that I still have some of the other horrible things that go along with PCOS, and they don't seem to improve at all no matter how much weight I lose.

I've lost most of my weight following a pretty low carb diet, as that seems to be the general concensus for PCOS sufferers. However, I had to change my approach a couple of months ago when I was rushed to hospital with gallstones and pancreatitis. After that I've had to follow a very low fat diet, and it felt really strange to start eating carbs again, but I've been steadily losing more weight, so its working for me.

Good luck, hope you'll do really well :-)

Louise x
  • kebaluv22
    kebaluv22 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello ladies, I just wanted to say thank you all for visiting this topic. I feel as though there are a lot of women out there that either don't know or just don't want to know about PCOS. But to me it is a real struggle everyday, trying to maintain the standards that the Army puts on me and trying to start a family at the same time. So i figured that I should branch out into the normal world to talk to other women that can really relate with what I'm going through and with that we can all give a little bit of insight and perspective to the situation and help each other continue to stay motivated and stay goal-oriented. So if ever you need to talk or just need to vent, trust me I am always here to listen or just to be a motivating factor in someone's life. So don't be shy.
  • kebaluv22
    kebaluv22 Posts: 4
    Options
    9142863.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods