Trying to take care of yourself&babies

Options
beliaamerica
beliaamerica Posts: 40 Member
Single mom here and would appreciate advice. Ok so my girl is 1 and 2 months, it's so hard to find time to work out.i want to try really in the morning like 4 30 but I'm just so tiered because she usually won't sleep till 10& than comes picking up and than sleep.i have no energy for that early.
If i workout during the day I usually stop between workouts every 5~10 to be on my girls butt about something. So i don't even think I'm getting a full benefit from working out

Replies

• Thisnameischosen_
    Thisnameischosen_ Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I can totally sympathise! I started all this when my daughter was around 10 months old.. At first I would do an hours YouTube video each morning after breakfast.. It was going great but then once she got to around 14 months old (!!) she was having non of it! She used to hold on to my leg and whine, or lie face down on the floor right in front of me in protest, it made it really difficult and stressful!
    I dont want to tell you to do this or that because it might not work with your routine or with your child, so I'll just tell you what I do now and see if you can take some ideas out of it. All I do is take her out on a big walk everyday, simple as that. My daughter has her nap between 12pm-2pm and I take her out for it instead, it benefits us both, she gets to nap and I get some peace and quiet AND get to exercise.. I figured out a route and it takes me an hour to walk it at a fast pace.. burns about the same amount of calories as the YouTube video did! Then I do push ups, sit ups etc when she goes to bed (some nights, not all..). Its been the only way I can get exercise in and it's been working for me.
    You can do it, it's tiring, but the more you get to exercise the better you will feel all round.

• beliaamerica
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hey!
    I can totally sympathise! I started all this when my daughter was around 10 months old.. At first I would do an hours YouTube video each morning after breakfast.. It was going great but then once she got to around 14 months old (!!) she was having non of it! She used to hold on to my leg and whine, or lie face down on the floor right in front of me in protest, it made it really difficult and stressful!
    I dont want to tell you to do this or that because it might not work with your routine or with your child, so I'll just tell you what I do now and see if you can take some ideas out of it. All I do is take her out on a big walk everyday, simple as that. My daughter has her nap between 12pm-2pm and I take her out for it instead, it benefits us both, she gets to nap and I get some peace and quiet AND get to exercise.. I figured out a route and it takes me an hour to walk it at a fast pace.. burns about the same amount of calories as the YouTube video did! Then I do push ups, sit ups etc when she goes to bed (some nights, not all..). Its been the only way I can get exercise in and it's been working for me.
    You can do it, it's tiring, but the more you get to exercise the better you will feel all round.

Mine gets in a *kitten* mood when she doesn't take her nap. I can try during her nap. =) i live in az and it gets to 113 during the afternoon so idk about taking her out. Thank you, great routine;)
  • TranHien2016
    TranHien2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a Vietnam, I was a graduate student in 2015, I do not speak English very well, I need someone to help me improve the situation in English, you can help me, thanks
  • beliaamerica
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Your gym doesn't have a nursery and kiddie corner? I left mine there when he was that young now he just stays home with his xbone lol. Or I'll do what one poster said wear her butt out then workout

Haha wear her butt out sounds good XD there is only 1 i have to look into it first