Looking for new friends who can encourage my 100lbs weightloss journey

Options
Being 25 and overweight sucks I have been over weight majority of my life and never realized how it has affected me till now . I have tried program after program and nothing seems to work ! I have 100lbs to lose if not more and would really love the thought of people being there for me while I do so . My husband is very supportive but I don't think he realizes the daily struggle I go through inside thinking I'm worthless and lazy for gaining this much weight. I want to be a healthy me for myself and for my family ! Feel free to add me ! I would love more friends that are going through some of the same things I am :)

Replies

• Carterlady1221
    Carterlady1221 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I actually just started my journey today. This is my 2nd time trying. I lost almost 14 pounds before my car wreck last year then gained 35 more pounds. So I have a lot to lose too!
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You can add me. 130-150lbs to lose depending on where I feel comfortable at. Ive lost weight twice before but due to my lack of staying on top of things Ive gained my weight back over the last few years. Im active on here as well.
  • willburpeeforcookie
    willburpeeforcookie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya sister!
  • Kari_Bear78
    Kari_Bear78 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you're going through. I've lost 52 lbs since january and i feel so much better. I have at least 75 lbs to go. I log everyday and try to be supportive as much as i can. Feel free to add me!
  • VeronicaMorales2016
    VeronicaMorales2016 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me, I just started two weeks ago. I'm trying to lose 75lbs due to a fatty liver.
  • lcdoglover
    lcdoglover Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sending friend request. Happy to be a support!
  • Karlybeth7
    Karlybeth7 Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Add me. Starting over after losing 70 lbs with MFP 3 years ago. Need to lose 200 lbs
  • nics9
    nics9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me too. I just started yesterday. Need to lose 26 lbs
  • festivemind
    festivemind Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. I can relate as I am needing to lose at least 100 lbs myself. So, I started this week.....again.
  • yantari
    yantari Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We are on the same boat! 252 at the start three weeks ago, aiming for exactly a 100 less. I'm quite active here, add me if you'd like!
  • livluvlaf2017
    livluvlaf2017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have started over many times in the past. I want this weight off and together we can do it!
  • prettypuhleeze
    prettypuhleeze Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i lost 80 lbs after my first using MFP and then i got pregnant with my second and have to start basically from scratch. I need the motivation this time and im struggling with that. I added you and anyone else can add me too
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hey Michelle! !!! You can do this. The first step is turning on the motivation switch. Feel free to add me. ....my device will let me only accept requests. Looking forward to doing this together.
  • moorsdonlee
    moorsdonlee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I see mostly female supporters? Male supporter also welcome? Started my journey Today again for the... Cant remember how manieth time. Need to drop 120 pounds. Also looking for a good support group to be part of. Add me too
  • justinea90
    justinea90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I am 5'8", started at 240 and would like to get to 200 by the end of the year, then after that I would like to get to 150-160. We can do it!
  • imane5imane
    imane5imane Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey same here ive been trying to loose weight for the last 6 months and its working ill be gratefull if we can encourage each other and share daily routine (gym + food diet) :)
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    There is a fun and supportive thread for like-minded people with the same goals that I think you folks would like: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/709617/need-to-lose-100-lbs-robins-thread/p1
  • dchevalier
    dchevalier Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Awesome to see many people taking charge over there lifes .pretty new to the community feel free to add me I'm also on a journey.
  • fornowiamwinter
    fornowiamwinter Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Completely understand how you feel! You can achieve your goals! Down 30lbs, feel free to add me! Same goes to anyone who sees this comment!
  • saaj526
    saaj526 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Get a scale to weight out portions. A scale is the most useful device out there to get the most accurate macros. eyeballing doesn't always work but making sure you are accurate. If you eat that cake make sure you log those in as well. This way you can look back and see how you could improve.
    1. It is a long journey
    2. Exercising is only 20 %
    3. Nutrition is 80%
    4. Pick yourself up quickly after indulging in low nutrition foods.
    5. Stay away from the scale! I weighed my self daily.. don't do it! Every week to two weeks is sufficient. This is the most discouraging thing because of water weight retention and other factors that may not drop on scale. Use your pant size as an indicator.
    6. Compliments are nice, but doesn't mean the job is done. I often lose weight and then receive compliments and go to far on celebrating.
    7. Get rid of all foods that are unhealthy. Especially high sugary food. Diet soda is not a great alternative. Water is your friend.
    8. You may want to treat yourself once in a while so go out on those days for a treat which makes it less accessible and you may change your mind all together.
    9. Friends... well they need to understand this is important to you so they need to understand why your not going out with them, if not they arn't true friends. I often have trouble controlling myself when I go out to eat because it results in drinks before and lots of unhealthy foods because of limited options and large portions restaurants serve.
    10. It is a long journey. At first you will see 5-10 pound loss in a week or 2 and then it will dramatically decrease. Your body is getting used to the calorie deficit and the less you weight more intense exercising is required or decreasing your calorie intake. Aim to lose 2 pounds per week but if you lose more that's a bonus. The most effective way to do it is to think of it as a lifestyle change and not a diet. Artificial sugars and flavors ruin our taste buds so natural foods are hard to adjust at first, but you will get that back. Spend time in the kitchen and experiment with different vegetable fruits flavors and meats. Good luck!