Step Tracker/Calories Burned

Options
mmhutch777
mmhutch777 Posts: 3 Member
Can anyone suggest something to accurately track my steps & calories burned? My iPhone seems to be off on that. I am not sure if I need a heart rate monitor or not. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I wear a Garmin Vivoactive and LOVE. It tracks steps, etc. and has a chest strap to track my heart rate when I workout. There are devices that can track heart rate while you wear it on your wrist. Based on what I've read, I went for the chest strap because they're more accurate and I only care about heart rate when I'm working out.

My step tracker is more accurate than my phone because I wear the fitness tracker and I don't have my phone on me every time I walk around my office.

Lots of people here like Fitbit--there are lots. There's also Miso and Jawbone and the Apple Watch, of course.

Best advice is to figure out what you want it to do and the. Hit the Internet for research. MacWorld, PC Mag and Consumer Reports all do comprehensive and objective reviews.
  • danixxhotxxbabe
    danixxhotxxbabe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For basic steps, distance and calories burned I have a fitbit zip - its basic but does the job and can be worn with anything too whilst being discrete :)
  • xWondertje
    xWondertje Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't know about your phone, but I use the S Health app on my samsung and it's scarily accurate when being tested. Are you sure your phone is that much off?
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one and a fitbit blaze. I wear the fitbit one when i'm out of the house and i wear both during exercise as the fitbit blaze step counter is annoyingly way off on my elliptical. So what happens is that fitbit takes the steps from my fitbit one and the calories burned from my fitbit blaze which makes me happy.
  • mom2ajs09
    mom2ajs09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I cannot get my steps from my fitbit to sync onto myfitnesspal. What am I doing wrong? Steps show as 0