Favorite Healthy Snack?

Options
KECrawford71
KECrawford71 Posts: 31 Member
edited July 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Ok. Looking for different ideas for a healthy and filling snack. I like apple slices with peanut butter but I am looking for other ideas.

Suggestions?

Replies

• carol49ohio
    carol49ohio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Celery with Cream Cheese or pb and rolled up deli meat with cream cheese and green onion
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been really into seaweed snacks. They're hardly filling, but you can't beat them at 10 calories a pack.

For "more filling" snacks, I prefer fruit, leftover cooked veggies, and sometimes some lunch meat, sardines, or hotdogs as a protein source. Those little premeasured packets of almond butter that you can buy nowadays are great, too. And protein bars are good for emergency snacks, although I don't like to eat them everyday.
  • Piloteer2009
    Piloteer2009 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    8 oz Greek nonfat yogurt with half-cup of quick oats in it. 2-3 tablespoons of sugar-free pancake syrup. Add a few ounces of milk to thin the mix a bit. Good snack. The numbers on the nutrition are good too.
  • KECrawford71
    Options
    I have never heard of a seaweed snack. What does it taste like?
  • KECrawford71
    Options
    8 oz Greek nonfat yogurt with half-cup of quick oats in it. 2-3 tablespoons of sugar-free pancake syrup. Add a few ounces of milk to thin the mix a bit. Good snack. The numbers on the nutrition are good too.

I have had Greek yogurt. I like to put frozen mixed berries in it with someone me honey. Oats sound like a good item.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Apple slices dipped in sunflower butter! *_*
  • bexlew
    bexlew Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kale chips! Not as processed a prepackaged seaweed and you control the amount of salt. Just cut kale off the stork into bit size pieces and lay on a bake sheet, spray with a little olive oil, sprinkle with sale and pepper (I play with flavours! A little curry powder is nice) and bake for 10 minutes or until they are crispy (but not to brown) enjoy
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I tend to stick to some of the following snacks:

Plain yogurt - with a teaspoon of berry jam
    Hummus & carrot sticks
    wholewheat crackers, cottage cheese, ham
    Rice cakes with a little bovril
    an orange cut in wedges
    100cal snack pack of jelly sweets
    ready made jelly
    :)
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Smartfood brand line of popcorns, my fav is Spicy Jalapeno Ranch. Although high in calories I like to eat a lot of nuts and seeds, have to make sure you get unsalted or lightly salted though.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I just bought some skinny girl lime and salt popcorn. . . im not a big lime person but i tried it at a friends and it was yummy. but for filling i get the flavored tuna packets i like the bumblebee spicy thai chili one the best.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    1 oz mixed nuts 4lyfe. 1 oz Blue Diamond flavored almonds also great, the wasabi-soy and the habanero are my favs. Great for you, very filling, and roughly 160 cal.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I always do hummus and vegetables. Quick, easy, tasty.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Kale fried in coconut oil or olive oil. Boiled eggs. Pecan nut butter. Pork rinds (crackling/scratching), or just chunks of cheese.
  • margaretlouise123
    margaretlouise123 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If I need a sugar fix or energy then dried dates or a home made small paratha and egg but the paratha with ghee is not healthy but it hasn't hindered my weight loss
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My go-to snacks are fruit or cottage cheese.
  • tracykreczmer
    tracykreczmer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Lentil hummus..am addicted! Wish I could make it..I buy it on sale..use black bean chips or put it in a wrap!
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of a seaweed snack. What does it taste like?

Like seaweed. It's fairly unique. Buy it roasted and salted if you can. Plain isn't as tasty. Try a Korean or Japanese grocery store for a better variety than you'd find elsewhere. I like it.
  • Konigboy
    Konigboy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like celery or cucumber slices with laughing cow cheese on them. Sometimes I add some deli select ham or turkey or any leftovet meat from a meal.