Curves?

Options
Does anyone here go to Curves? What do yall think?

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    No, but don't they kind of "move you around" the circuit or something? Personally I'd want more freedom and just to go on whichever machine, whenever.

I may be wrong about that, so somebody correct me.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i think they are fine for a beginner or someone that just wants to get a structured workout a few times a week. Its like going to a fitness class where there is there is socialization and structure. And any kind physical activity is better than nothing. If it works for you and its something you'd enjoy, go for it.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I went with a friend years ago once, I don't know if it's different now. It was pretty dead there - that's a motivation killer for me. We did the circuit, I think we were done in 20 minutes. I wasn't feeling it so I phoned it in. My gym (Goodlife) has co-ed locations as well as women only ones, I enjoy both and take advantage of classes as well as the equipment. Although it's not a place for me, I think it's fitting for some people. It's better than staying on the couch!
  • steadygirl06
    steadygirl06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It was great fof me at the time. I just had a baby and she was very unsettled so the 30min workout wirked really well. I did have an argument with the 'trainer' who told me I shouldn't be working hard as I would burn muscle not fat. Not long after thry introduced a system to get you to work harder. Go figure. Saying that it's great if you want a quick easy workout.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I liked it a lot as a teen and in college. I went with my mom. It's just like any other gym, though...if you like it, go! If it fits your needs and your budget and you enjoy the workout and the atmosphere, go!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I went to curves for a few months. The coaches were lovely and I really liked the all women aspect, but the machines there just weren't for me. I would have preferred a Lucille Roberts or something that had more weights and classes since I've been working out at gyms for years. I'm doing much better working out at home on my own.

If you've never worked out before it's a good place to get started.
  • MSVanscoy
    MSVanscoy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am a curves member and I love it . 3 months now. I have lost 10 lbs .. I know that is not a lot to some of you but to me its hard to lose and this keeps me going . I go 4 times a week and I love it . I am trying to find others that are going so we can log together . so please if your a CURVES person please friend me . I would love to chat about our goals .