Should i EAT my calories from the day before?

Options
skyhowl
skyhowl Posts: 206 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
hey, so i was really busy the last couple of days, and yesterday, i was really tired because i didn't sleep at all so when i got home, i didn't really had anything to eat -except a can of beans (almost 400 calories consumed yesterday total)- because i was so tired and my body needed the rest more than food. i woke up feeling very hungry of course. so should i eat my calories from the day before? i assume i should but i am not sure.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd just eat if I'm hungry, and enjoy the extra deficit if I'm not hungry enough to eat them all.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are hungry. Eat back some of those leftover calories today. If it was me I would use the opportunity to have something like cheesecake which is very hard to fit into my daily calorie budget.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't MAKE myself eat them... but if you find yourself extra hungry today, I don't think it'll hurt anything- your body doesn't have a 24 hour clock that says "Hey, those are YESTERDAY'S calories, so if you eat them today I will make you gain weight!" lol
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    If you're still hungry after eating your daily allowance of calories, then yes I would eat extra. If you're not hungry then don't and enjoy the knowledge of having a great deficit for that day.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, then yes. Even if you're not hungry, maybe just 25% or so. This has happened to me in the past and the next day I felt extremely lethargic and thought I still wasn't hungry. It took me starting the process of eating to realize I actually was hungry but was so tired I couldn't even muster the energy for a proper appetite. Other times I just didn't eat which caused me to be ravenous by the third day.
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Quite a few people on here do a weekly average rather than daily calories. It still works out to the same weekly deficit overall. So yes, if you're hungry I would eat them. But if you're not then one day being under isn't going to hurt.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Erfw7471 wrote: »
    Quality of the Food decides the Quality of your health. But only Quantity of the Food decides your weight. Obesity is mainly because people eat more food than they could able to burn. If they can follow below simple 4 food habits, they can cure their obesity and retain the reduced weight forever. Steps:

1. EAT ONLY WHEN ***
    2. DONT *** DURING MEAL
    3. *** THE FOOD *** ITEMS
    4. STOP EATING THE FOOD WHEN YOU GET 1ST ***

When you follow those 4 steps, you don’t need to worry about calorie count and can reduce weight by eating any kind of food.

Out of 4 steps, snap shot of Step 2 detailed in below blog: https://4stepsweightloss.wordpress.com

Are the *** fill in the blanks?

1. Hungry
    2. Put your elbows on the table
    3. Hmmmm, idk this one
    4. Base?

i KNOW THIS
    1. EAT ONLY WHEN ...EATING
    2. DON'T EAT DURING MEALS
    3. EAT...THE FOOD...NOT NON FOOD... ITEMS
    4. stop eating wen you get 1st ..PRIZE

It's very hard to do 1 and 2 at the same time, but trust me it will be worth it
  • skyhowl
    Options
    Thank you everyone, i guess i will eat my calories for today and if i am still hungry i will probably eat a few of the leftover calories from yesterday :)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you need them, eat them. Otherwise, if it's just a one-off, let them go.
  • skyhowl
    Options
    If you feel like you need them, eat them. Otherwise, if it's just a one-off, let them go.

yeah, i will probably let it go :D, i am still pretty sleep deprived and i can barely eat my calories for today.