Curves members

Options
I am a member of Curves and love it! I'm looking for others who are curves members who might be able to share their stories and success! I joined April 09' and lost about 45lbs before my pregnancy. I'm already back to prepregnancy weight but that's nowhere near my goal so I've started it back up and looking for motivation. Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I used to go to curves and really loved it. I dropped weight and inches every month and it was really satisfying for me.

Good luck!!!
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    I was just thinking about how much I miss Curves. I just wish they had a child care program. With my husband's work schedule, I basically am a single mom for about 9 months of the year. So, I just work out at home and make the best of it. :) But, I too dropped all kinds of inches, and lost about 20 lbs when I was working out there.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I joined Curves in March 2009. Now I am WORKING there part time. I LOVE it!!
    :heart: :heart: :laugh: :heart: :heart:
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I've been doing curves since 2005 and I love it. In the beginning I saw a big difference, then I added an extra "lap" around the circuit (so I go 3 times around) in order to continue to see results. I really enjoy the social aspect as well, particularly now that I am retired. I LOVE CURVES!!!!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I was a member for 2 yrs. and although I did have some success, I also would done better if I'd have implemented the exercise WITH what I'm NOW learning here ( eating right, food diary, calorie intake, portion control, accountability, etc.)
    Going to Curves 3, 4, 5 times a week and grabbing fast food on the way home, or skipping meals...is about as ridiculous an idea as I can think of...and I wondered why I was only "treading water?"
  • tlenington
    tlenington Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined Curves......I used to be in shape and but over the last few years the pounds and inches have slipped back up. I love seeing that people have seen results going there. So far the only women I have seen working out there are rather large and slow and older, but what I read is that you get out of it what you put into it. I am not that familar with the hydraulic machines, I guess the goal is to push and pull as hard as you ?
  • LJCannon
    Options
    It is what You put in to it, Tlenington. And the goal is to push and pull the machines as hard and fast as you can while keeping the proper form. If "CurvesSmart" is available at your club, I definitely recommend it. As you get stronger and more fit, the computer automatically increases the resistance on the machines so that your muscles have to keep working harder with each workout.

Welcome to Curves and MFP.:flowerforyou:
  • tlenington
    tlenington Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I went for the second time and did the machines concentrating on pushing and pulling with faster moves and yesterday I was sore! I read your page love the fact you point out that it doesn't have to be perfect! I to have changed my eating habits to include more of what I should eat vs what I shouldn't. But I still eat bad stuff when the craving hits me! I have adopted the new eating lifestyle over the last 5 months and so far so good! I am hoping to be able to workout 3-5 days a week! Awesome job on your weight loss, you look GREAT!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :bigsmile: I worked out early this morning~~burned 457 Calories~~Came home and ate breakfast, then went back to Curves to work the rest of the morning so that the other Trainer could go to the Dentist. Oh, yeah, I also stopped by McDonalds twice for Coffee, LOL!! Now I am headed back to Curves to work MY Shift!!
  • hollyindallas
    hollyindallas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I joined Curves in February. To date I haven't lost anything but remain about the same as when I started. I've begun tracking my meals and exercise here to see if the combination of the 2 using the Curves Weight Management program can help me break through the constant plateau/gain I've been experiencing. I very much enjoy the club I belong to and look forward to the Zumba classes which I attend once a week. I believe for me the secret is going to be the strength training. I hope that's right, anyway. We'll see.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello Holly!! Tracking your food will help immensely. You will be able to see in Black & White if you are eating too Little or too Much. If your Curves offers the Smart Curves I highly recommend it. The computer can be frustrating, but I believe I got the results I did because I have used the CurvesSmart program from Day One.
    :drinker: Good Luck, and Enjoy your Work-Outs!!
  • MSVanscoy
    MSVanscoy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am a Curves member and I love it . 10 lbs in 2 months isn't bad . Now I read that I can do more then 2 laps? Is that for real? No one told me that at my site . well 3 laps here I come.. then I will work up to 4 laps . Logging food as come to a stop for me . but getting back into it today . I don't really know why I stopped logging . I was up to 150 days strike and just stopped . now starting over . anyway . CURVES is great and I love it . If anyone wants to be friends please add me . Happy 4th EVERYONE .
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i loved curves when i went there! i was doing the curve smart program i think it was, where they give you a website where you can pick and log meals and you meet with one of the trainers once a week and have an accountability and weight in meeting. i would have stuck with it but my beloved cat of 14 years had to be put down and my father had a stroke and my grandfather died within one month time and the depression and all that mental stuff got to be so bad i just stopped doing everything except working and being a depressed vegetable at home.

i loved the camaraderie of the ladies there and the staff was pretty awesome. i'm still FB friends with one of them!

i decided on a different gym when i restarted this journey a few months ago but that's simply because this gym is 5 minute drive from my house whereas curves is a good 30 minutes without traffic.

good luck on your journey!