Seeking 40s success stories

Options
coastal247
coastal247 Posts: 12 Member
I've been in & out of cycles with starting a new healthy lifestyle - but thanks to my lack of patience, self discipline & motivation - I lose it & find it just as quick. I deal with hypothyroidism & all the fun that comes with the auto immune disease. I lost 40lbs a few years back - but it was a diet and not a lifestyle change.
So , I'm looking to drop 30lbs and tone up. I really want to change my eating & health habits... question:
IS it possible to make a complete healthy lifestyle overhaul after all these years??

Replies

• Vincerayner
    Vincerayner Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    [I recommend letting go of the "motivation" thing...motivation is a fleeting emotion and if that's all you're working with then it's never going to work. We all do things every single day for which we are not motivated to do...I'm rarely motivated to go out and mow the lawn or do the dishes or vacuum the house or clean the bathroom...but these things need doing or else my house would go to crap...so I do them...your body is your house...take care of your house!

Thanks for this! I think it was just what I needed to hear.

Love this! - I'm gonna pin it on my fridge.
  • jkquinn13
    jkquinn13 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hiker_Rob wrote: »
    It is very possible! I am 48 and three years ago I was a 300lb incredibly unfit smoker. Today I am 95lbs less and always circling around my goal weight. I am a very fit runner who has over the last two years progressed from not being able to run at all to running half marathons and this year will be my first full marathon. I am healthier and happier that I have ever been in my life, the last time i was this weight would have been in my early 20's. Its all in getting yourself motivated to to make the change and set the goals you need, (short, mid and long term) to get there - and stick to them.The pic on the right is after a half marathon mountain race last summer, 21k with an elevation gain of 2300'. I finished in the top quarter of the pack. 9143sb13mdn8.png

that is incredible!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!