Meal delivery service (cook at home)

Options
Has anyone had any success with meal delivery services such as Blue Apron, HelloFresh, etc.? I am thinking of trying it since they all seem to have specials for your first week (just me and husband). Which ones are better?

Replies

• Kobz27
    Kobz27 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had blue apron. It was good. No problems, and if there was an issue they made it right. Portions are a little small IMO. You pay for the convenience
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    If you can afford it, go for it. Keep track of your costs. Be a smart shopper.
  • Brrrite
    Brrrite Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I tried Marley Spoon. It was given to me as a gift and it was delicious, fun, and the portions were quite large (for 2 people). It's so exciting to open the box!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    I've done really well with HelloFresh and really enjoyed it. Portions are generous, I've liked almost everything, and I've become more confident with my own cooking skills. I'm a single person so it works out great for me to have half for dinner and half leftover for lunch, or sometimes I freeze the other half.

Some of their meals are higher calories but now you can choose a category called "fit" and they will suggest meals that are geared toward that. But you can also choose from a selection of 6 each week.

My real concern with it is waste with the packaging and especially the ice packs. I keep stopping and starting because of that issue. I wish the ice packs were recyclable (I mean, you can use them again, but who can use that many?).
  • katandwaves
    katandwaves Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)