My biggest issue thus far

Options
I have to constantly work through a feeling of guilt when I eat. I'm eating healthy, adhering to my calorie count and I'm making progress. But, I constantly obsess over what I've eaten and how I probably didn't need it.

It's a personal difficulty that I struggle with every day.

Replies

• StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I only feel guilty if i binge or eat cakes and biscuit type things. Good luck to you xx
  • fornowiamwinter
    fornowiamwinter Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have those same feelings. Try to remind yourself that you need those calories to sustain your body and to stay healthy.
  • Zerbiak
    Zerbiak Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, but it's important to realize that as long as 80% of the good food is maintained all will be ok
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    jaredlrice wrote: »
    I have to constantly work through a feeling of guilt when I eat. I'm eating healthy, adhering to my calorie count and I'm making progress. But, I constantly obsess over what I've eaten and how I probably didn't need it.

It's a personal difficulty that I struggle with every day.

Oh man, I'm really sorry you're going through that. It must be rough to have so much guilt weighing you down all day. I hope you find a way to make peace with food.
  • atitagain1958
    atitagain1958 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    If you're eating healthy food in your calorie range that your body needs and still feel guilty, you may have an eating disorder.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    If you're eating healthy food in your calorie range that your body needs and still feel guilty, you may have an eating disorder.

i was going to warn of this, too. Please be careful OP. this could be the signs of an un-diagnosed eating disorder either starting or finally being realized now that you're eating healthy.

please stay healthy and if you see you're starting to slip into unhealthy eating because of these thoughts (like depriving yourself of food because you feel you don't need it) please seek some kind of help whether it be a support group, a trusted friend or family member, or a trained therapist.

could be nothing so i would take my advice with a grain of salt but still just be safe and stay aware of how it develops. good luck on your journey. <3