Gluten & Dairy Free (Generally) Lunch Ideas?

Options
boxer490
boxer490 Posts: 10 Member
I'm looking for some simple but balanced lunch ideas that do not include sandwiches or cottage cheese!! Does anyone have some amazing ideas for lunch? TIA

Replies

• Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of salads, hummus and crackers, lettuce wraps or spring rolls with rice paper, leftovers.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Generally gluten and dairy free? Am I reading this correctly? If you can't eat gluten and/or dairy, you should eliminate them completely, but if you can eat gluten and/or dairy, there is no need to create unnecessary restrictions. If you don't like sandwiches and cottage cheese, don't eat that? Lots of other food contain gluten and/or dairy?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I bring chic peas with hemp seeds and cucumbers.

My fitness pal recipe blog has lots of good recipes.

Also make an account on Pintrest - it has a search function.
  • chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I premake lasagna for 3-4 days in advance. Instead of noodles you can use a gluten free lasagna noodle. I have a very veggie heavy meal and no meat or dairy in mine, instead using a soy based meat alternative (tvp rehydrated with veggie broth cooked with onions) and a mushroom cashew milk sauce. Surprisingly it reheats really well
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have New York bagel, or any bread uk other than Warburton with hellmans real mayo with egg or a quorn burger or chicken there is so much choice, I have a dairy allergy and when the hospital first put me on the diet it was hard, but its been a month and it gets easier I will be treating myself to some dairy free pralines with lunch from hotel chocokat. My lunch today is bagel with a supermarkets dairy free version of phili which I think taste better than the original,

There is dairy free butter, cheese, burgers, sausages, all sorts, most will be gluten free as well,
  • Crlion43
    Crlion43 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    avocado, smoked or tinned salmon, spinach leaves, red capsicum and a dash of lemon juice. Add egg if more substance is needed
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Lactose intolerant Celiac here!

Leftovers from dinner the night before today is - Broccoli, Mashed potatoes, and BBQ Ribs:smile:
    Salads with a vinaigrette dressing.
    I'll mix an avocado with tuna (usually a seasoned can ie Lemon Pepper) and put it on rice crackers if I need something carby.
    Spaghetti Squash or Zoodles as a noodle substitute.

If you had asked me 3 years ago what I can eat for lunches, I'd be at a loss. Now, It's hardly ever an issue.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I do a basic salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes) and then add different yum stuff like char grilled artichokes, marinated olives, falafels, canned beans (haricot, canellini etc), potatoes, seeds, tofu, quorn etc - hope that helps!