50 & Fabulous!!!

Options
SassyGemini21
SassyGemini21 Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2016 in Introduce Yourself
So this is not my first rodeo but I'm going to make it my last! I turned 50 on 6/21 and had a visit to the doctor. My A1C was high and I had gained 25 pounds in 2 years. So the doc has put me on Metformin and a diet of 1200 calories with 40 carbs. The first few days were not easy. I am quite the carbaholic and went over my goal on carbs each day. But I have really been paying attention to carb content, drinking water, cut out my Coke Zeros and increased my protein. It's amazing how much better I already feel 2 weeks in. My bloating has gone away and my stomach is already flatter. I have 50 pounds to go but I'm already 7 pounds down! Here's to being 50 and feeling fabulous!!!

Replies

• debbiesue17
    debbiesue17 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me!
  • MrsDaso
    MrsDaso Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im 54....have lost 89 lb...but would like to lose at least another 40...feel free to add me
  • empowered2016
    empowered2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I freaked out when I turned 49...not wanting to turn 50 being overweight and living a very unhealthy lifestyle. So far 25 pounds down! Feeling better every day. Definitely will reach goal weight this year!
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50 a week and a half ago.
    Love MFP and have been on it for 8 months or so. Almost to goal, and feeling great, however I'm still "bummed" about being my age. I know i need to suck it up and get over it but havent gotten it yet.