Huge weight gain over 2 days, feeling zapped.

Options
Have you ever had a huge weight gain and just feel zapped over it? The last two days have been kind of splurge days for me. When I say splurge, eating foods I don't usually eat regularly, but still keeping in my calorie goals. In addition, while I have exercised everyday, not going at it strong. So this morning I get on the scale and have an 8 lb increase. Oey!! I know weight fluctuates, but seeing an 8 lbs increase has been messing with my mind today. I am pretty positive it is water retention due to the steamed crabs I ate the last 2 days and the Old Bay seasoning I dipped into. At least I hope so. Lol. Been hopping on the exercise bike non stop, as it is too yucky out for a walk or jog.

Has anyone experienced this much of a fluctuation and if so, how long did it take to get flushed out?

Replies

• pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yup, sodium! You'll be fine in a couple of days
  • sunshines4nate
    sunshines4nate Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey my weight fluctuates all of the time. I put on almost 4lbs today alone and that wasnt from eating differently! Since starting to "try" my weight has been higher than ever!! Also us women can have huge weight gains at various times of the month!! Rest assured in a few days it will likely subside and be back to normal and defo sounds exactly like water weight from potentially increased salt intake over last few days? X dont let ut bog you down because your likely to dip further into splurging territory hehe! Shake that excess water off.. you can do it!! X :D