Your Favorite Low Carb Recipes (SHARE HERE!)

Options
2»

Replies

• chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    bumping for later :)
  • springfan
    springfan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • utaviator
    utaviator Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just finished a fat free, low carb pomegranite shake. Blend several ice cubes with 1/2 cup skim milk. Add Chobani fat free pomegranite greek yogurt, and blend slightly. You can add some sweetener like stevia, and even some oat bran for fiber. Rich, filling, and guiltless!
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I had a bit of a carb fest this weekend - I'll need some of these recipes to counter it!!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Ooooh! I have lots to share! Bumping for later!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I got this recipe from food network and it is delicious!!! i substituted the regular pasta with whole wheat pasta...gives a little different taste, but is still super good!!

Summer Garden Pasta
    2006, Barefoot Contessa at Home, All Rights Reserved

Prep Time:15 minInactive Prep Time:4 hr 0 minCook Time:5 min
    Level:
    Easy
    Serves:
    6 servings
    Ingredients
    4 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
    Good olive oil
    2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
    18 large basil leaves, julienned, plus extra for serving
    1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    Kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 pound dried angel hair pasta
    1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
    Directions
    Combine the cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, basil leaves, red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and set aside at room temperature for about 4 hours.

Just before you're ready to serve, bring a large pot of water with a splash of olive oil and 2 tablespoons salt to a boil and add the pasta. Cook al dente according to the directions on the package (be careful - it only takes 2 to 3 minutes!). Drain the pasta well and add to the bowl with the cherry tomatoes. Add the cheese and some extra fresh basil leaves and toss well. Serve in big bowls with extra cheese on each serving.
  • violetfire80
    Options
    bump for later