Losing 40lbs

Options
What are the best exercises and foods to eat to lose 40lbs by Christmas

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Have you had a chance yet to read any of the Most Helpful Posts ( must reads ) stickied at the top of each forum section? There's some great info there, especially on the Getting Started and General Diet boards.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

And

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest

The basics are:

Eat foods that you like in portion sizes that fit your goals.

Get plenty of fats & protein for health and satiety.

Get plenty of fruits & veggies for the micronutrients.

Fill in the rest of your calories with carbs, sweets, and treats as you see fit.

You may find as you progress that there are some foods you don't consider worth the calories, but that's going to be highly individual. Start logging for a few days and make changes as you go along until you find what works best for you.

Do some exercise if you can. And some kind of resistance or strength training if you can. Any movement can help, so pick whatever program or activity you enjoy.
  • OGBrojas
    OGBrojas Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you want fast, you dont want easy. When I lost 40lbs it was a lot of trial and error.

For working out, start off with running, 20-30 minutes, running burns the most calories and keeps your body burning more throughout the day. I really enjoy P90X but it's not cheap, definitely worth it though. Lift weights.

For foods, don't eat white bread, try to avoid it completely if you can. Stay away from sugary foods or foods with high fructose corn syrup. Avoid dark meats. Eat serving sizes.

Foods that help are Tuna, Eggs, Vegetables, Beans, Lean meats. Only drink Water and milk.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I have been doing low carb since January and have lost over 70 without exercise. I am trying to lose another 60 by Christmas and think I can do it. Something to think about. Go to dietdoctor.com and check it out