Where are my stationary bikers?!

Options
I hated going to the gym and doing cardio, now it's my therapy! Anyone else love the stationary bike? Need some new friends! -Kayla, Washington DC

Replies

• lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I love the stationary bike but I use the sitting one with your legs out front. The other kind is too awkward for me to use.

I can't always walk on the treadmill bc foot tendonitis and plantar fascitis issues but the bike never hurts my foot. And I can change resistance and get a harder workout in.
  • emmadawson79
    emmadawson79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love the bike , I go spinning twice a week , the weights dropping off steadily. I've only restarted 5 weeks ago. I love it!!!!!! I don't know how to add friends but your welcome to add me.
  • rhiannonarmstrong31
    rhiannonarmstrong31 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do it at home I have a chappy foldable bike but it does the job. I don't do it as much now but when I do I put on my sweat belts and sweet sweat turn up my music and poweeerrrr
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I ride my S-bike 60-75 minutes every day. I love that thing..has really helped me!
  • mkh858
    mkh858 Posts: 93 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Add me if u like..I'm about to get back to biking tmw..It's nice cuz I do a 20 min HIIT in there and It burns 300 calories..plus I can watch TV too..
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I've got a LeMond RevMaster Pro that I've had for years but only started riding recently. Find riding kinda boring but you have to do what you have to do. Just got a Concept2 Rower, as well, which gives me a much better workout overall. Bought the rower for more variety, so I plan to switch between riding and rowing from day to day or may do both at different times during the day.
  • XnRGrandpa
    XnRGrandpa Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have my 18spd MTB hooked up to a Bike Lane Pro Trainer and I love it. I do a minimum 30 min. day/5 days a week and, besides burning calories, it's helped to relieve bursitis pain in my hips. Anyone, feel free to add me.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,967 Member
    Options
    I like spinning classes.

I like riding my bicycle on my trainer at home.

I love cycling outside.

I don't like stationary bicycles. Ouch. I'll only use them if none of the options above are available.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I use a Turbo Trainer in the colder months of fall through winter. But when it warms up I'm outdoors. But I do like Spinning Classes throughout the year.
  • mommamia30189
    mommamia30189 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I ride the bike just about every day at least 75 minutes- I try to burn 350-400 calories. I have had ankle fusion surgery so this is about the only cardio equipment I can do. I love it!
  • Wophie
    Wophie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've tried so many different bikes and they all hurt to use. I think the issue is my butt.
  • CincyNeid
    Options
    Wophie wrote: »
    I've tried so many different bikes and they all hurt to use. I think the issue is my butt.

Saddle. Not all saddles are the same. There are a million different profiles to fit specifically. Also try Cycling Shorts, or Cycling undies. They have padded chamois pad to keep things from going numb or into a state pain.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I hate the stationary bike more than any other piece of exercise equipment....but since I'm prone to stress fractures I use the damn thing...I will say though, it is useful for stretching out tight hammies after a run.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    kalombiana wrote: »
    Where are my stationary bikers?!

The same place they were 30 minutes ago.
  • Fiqahana
    Fiqahana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have one at home, it'd be nice to start using it and have people that can relate to talk to :)

Anyway, to anyone out there, if you ever need a friend to accompany you through this journey to a happier and healthier life, motivate you to reach for you goals, support you through ups and downs, I'm always here to be that friend, so feel free to add me! I'll add you back! I hope we all will succeed in this journey, until the end! Have a nice day everyone! :)<3
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    I've got a LeMond RevMaster Pro that I've had for years but only started riding recently. Find riding kinda boring but you have to do what you have to do. Just got a Concept2 Rower, as well, which gives me a much better workout overall. Bought the rower for more variety, so I plan to switch between riding and rowing from day to day or may do both at different times during the day.

That's a club quality bike you've got there (we use them at my tri club for spinning classes) you could check out the Spinerval videos if you're looking for workouts.

If you're new to the C2 focus on your form, I love mine for x-training, best piece of indoor equipment I've ever bought.

OP I'd rather ride outdoors but if you're enjoying it and improving your fitness what's not to like? Keep it up!

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I take Spin classes at the Equinox.
  • CincyNeid
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »

That's a club quality bike you've got there (we use them at my tri club for spinning classes) you could check out the Spinerval videos if you're looking for workouts.

If you're new to the C2 focus on your form, I love mine for x-training, best piece of indoor equipment I've ever bought.

OP I'd rather ride outdoors but if you're enjoying it and improving your fitness what's not to like? Keep it up!

I fthe LeMond RevMaster Pro is ANT+ check out Zwift. It's a Cycling Video Game for trainers. I use it frequently in the later fall months and winter times.
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Stationary bike time is my reading time. Just put my Kindle on the panel at the gym, hop on and go for a long ride while reading. Reading an interesting book sure helps to keep me from getting bored while riding.