Whey Protien!?

Options
So i heard about its benefits awhile back but trying to ingest it is just terrible. I have the vanilla flavor and i just cant seem to drink it. I tried it in my smoothies so i can't taste it but its just horrible! I was wondering if anyone had some tips for me on how to block out the taste or just some way i can enjoy it.

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    maybe try a different brand.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I think the double chocolate Optimum Nutrition - 100% Whey Gold Standard is pretty good.

Shakes usually taste pretty bad but the ON one is actually tolerable. It tastes REALLy nice when you add dextrose to it but obviously that might not be a good idea if it'll tip you over your calorie goals
  • lannahgirl
    lannahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use the strawberry one with strawberries, babana's, almond milk and might throw in a few blueberries.....tastes pretty good!
  • Banjolover
    Options
    I use a Protein shake powder that is from soy protein, as I am allergic to whey, which is a milk protein. I get it at GNC and the chocolate flavor is delicious. One scoop in one cup of skim milk gets me close to 32 gm of protein, and I tolerate it just fine.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    maybe try a different brand.

Definitely this.

My first protein powder was this Wal-Mart junk called Body Fortress. Tasted like pure crushed chalk!!! But I've had others that were much better.

I like to go to Max Muscle because they have tons of flavors to choose from (not just varieties of chocolate and vanilla) and they let you taste it before you buy it.
  • beckymorris68
    beckymorris68 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am using vanilla Designer Whey 100% Protein. It is tolerable, a bit sweet...not a nice natural vanilla. With skimmed milk, it is ok, with water it was rotten! However, I am drinking it for the added protein to my diet and not as an enjoyable meal, so I just neck it and try and forget about it :-)
  • katedonn5
    katedonn5 Posts: 16
    Options
    I am using EAS chocolate and I mix it with Soy Milk. The chocolate isn't too bad and it's a "sweet" treat. Also works well to mix in yogurt.