How do you stay motivated?

Options
Izc1
Izc1 Posts: 20 Member
Please share what keeps you motivated. ..

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,938 Member
    Options
    Losing weight ... seeing that number drop. :)
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    seeing how much i've already lost keeps me going.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It's a happy cycle -

effort>results>motivation>effort
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Not having to struggle to keep motivated, by eating food I like in appropriate amounts, and move as I want to.
  • blackvalleyboats
    blackvalleyboats Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll 2nd reading the success stories here. Visualization also helps me tremendously, when just waking up or before drifting off to sleep, I like to visualize a fitter me. Whether it's not being embarrassed to take my shirt off at the beach or just being able to rock a form fitting shirt that doesn't show a fat belly.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Having more energy to play with my kids.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    • Friends who are getting fit and looking at me as a role model
    • Family who is constantly checking my facebook feed
    • And looking at the progress I've made.
  • SurfCityBeachGuy
    SurfCityBeachGuy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You will look & feel better as you continue to lose weight. Stay Focused ! you can do it !
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Motivation has to come from within. The motivation cant be external, what you have to do is find a totally selfish why. The Why can't be for your significant other it can't be for the kids. By being totally about you that's what's going to keep you going through the rough times. All your other whys will take care of themselves once you find that totally selfish why.

For me some of the things that motivate me are less pain in my joints, a better golf game, being able to keep up with my friends and family and not lagging behind.
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    To me, I continue to look for ways to challenge myself ...lose a certain amount of weight,run a marathon,achieve a new pr in the gym, or outdo what I did physically as a teenager,etc. basically it's always having a goal out there to reach for
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Becoming a better me.
  • pxpwop15
    pxpwop15 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Remembering what I looked like just a few short years ago. And the fact I don't want to buy new clothes :smiley:
  • jumpnJACS
    jumpnJACS Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That on-top-of-the-world feeling after a work out. And visualizing myself healthier and fit. I want to be a great role model to my kids and I want to have the energy to be active with them all of the time!!!!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I find motivation to be much less powerful than my determination. I have my reasons (such as living longer, wearing smaller pants) but my determination to reach my goal keeps me going every day.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've recently started telling myself I can do just a little bit better, and that seems to keep me going.

Other days it's the thought of better-fitting clothes. Vanity is a great motivator!
  • margaretlouise123
    margaretlouise123 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I keep motivated by thinking how hard it is to lose weight and how long it takes to get it of
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I'm determined rather than motivated. Once you get started and see how weight drops it is only a matter of patience and consistency to keep doing it until your goal.
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I agree that the motivation has to come from within- external motivators can only carry you so far.

Things that keep my motivation up:
    -Listening to upbeat music and imagining myself being awesome :#
    -Reading the success stories section of MFP
    -Wearing clothes that fit nicely
    -Doing my hair, makeup, etc. even when I have nowhere to go and no-one is going to see me that day
    -Trying new things that I might not have tried or were more difficult for me when I was heavier

I find that if I take care of myself in little ways (like doing my hair), I feel better and am more able to stay the course.