Is anyone buying the $35 HRM on sale at Target?

Options
Curious if anyone was buying this model. I would like one and want to make a good decision. Thanks!!

Replies

• gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Curious if anyone was buying this model. I would like one and want to make a good decision. Thanks!!
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    if you buy it , please post here your opinion about it.. if it's good i'd buy it too.. b/c i don't know about spending 160 $ for the other one..
  • Go_Duke
    Go_Duke Posts: 66
    Options
    what is the brand name?
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    if you buy it , please post here your opinion about it.. if it's good i'd buy it too.. b/c i don't know about spending 160 $ for the other one..

My Polar F4 was only $85, and Polar is by far the best brand.
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Reebok Precision Trainer XT Heart Rate Monitor w/Chest Strap from Buy.com this morning for $29.99 ~ free shipping. Don't know how it is but it does have a chest strap which I've read is really a more accurate measurement. Didn't see that the Target one has that feature. Anyway, sorry I don't have a review on the one you asked about but thought I'd throw out my 'deal' in case you were considering other options.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
    Niccole :flowerforyou:
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options

I would LOOOVE to have a HRM, with the chest strap. But 35 bucks isn't in my budget so 85 dollars is completley out. I'm hoping for one for my b-day, but that is in June.. bleh.
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I was so frustrated the other day...went to target...bought the polar HRM with the chest strap...got it home and was ready to use it...and the stupid thing wouldn't even turn on!!! So I have to take it back today. And I got the last one so unless they've restocked I'm gonna have to go somewhere else to get a new one.
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I was so frustrated the other day...went to target...bought the polar HRM with the chest strap...got it home and was ready to use it...and the stupid thing wouldn't even turn on!!! So I have to take it back today. And I got the last one so unless they've restocked I'm gonna have to go somewhere else to get a new one.

Might it just be the battery?
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Could be, but the directions say I'd have to send it off to Polar to be changed.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Reebok Precision Trainer XT Heart Rate Monitor w/Chest Strap from Buy.com this morning for $29.99 ~ free shipping. Don't know how it is but it does have a chest strap which I've read is really a more accurate measurement. Didn't see that the Target one has that feature. Anyway, sorry I don't have a review on the one you asked about but thought I'd throw out my 'deal' in case you were considering other options.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
    Niccole :flowerforyou:

LOVE
    LOVE
    LOVE
    My Reebok Precision Trainer XT.
    My only concern is how I am going to cinch up the chest strap a bit now that I've lost so much weight.
    It fits my 34'' chest, but isn't snug (aka squeezing me to death, like I like it!) enough.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Sportline 15 Function Elite is the name

090118_p03al_img_752200242.jpg
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

I would LOOOVE to have a HRM, with the chest strap. But 35 bucks isn't in my budget so 85 dollars is completley out. I'm hoping for one for my b-day, but that is in June.. bleh.
    well how will we mail you your gift without an address?:sad: Wish I could:flowerforyou: It's out for me for the time being, but I do believe saving a bit for good things to reward ourself with...
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Sportline 15 Function Elite is the name

090118_p03al_img_752200242.jpg

there ya go...that should hopefully show up now...just needed to lower case the img's:wink::bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Could be, but the directions say I'd have to send it off to Polar to be changed.
    yea I've heard that too........BUT on a group I'm on I see one girl in Canada gave us the info to buy the battery and she put her own in. Sometimes the battery changing with mailing it in on the Polar's is quite expensive and she decided instead of spending almost what her purchase price was to go ahead and do it herself...it's back to working great again for her!

I'll see what info I can find out from her...if you don't hear back from me on this thread..please feel free to PM me, in case the thread drops and I lose sight of it:wink:

FC:heart:
  • SteffCooley
    Options
    Regarding the mailing your Polar in to switch the battery -

It CAN be done by yourself, like FitnessChick said - I believe it just voids the warranty (but really, how long does the warranty last anyways? a year? I am not sure....) It's something to do with them needing to replace the battery because it is waterproof, and needs to be put back together "properly" so that the seals still work. However, if you don't plan on swimming with it, I don't see the harm in doing it yourself. :smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Regarding the mailing your Polar in to switch the battery -

It CAN be done by yourself, like FitnessChick said - I believe it just voids the warranty (but really, how long does the warranty last anyways? a year? I am not sure....) It's something to do with them needing to replace the battery because it is waterproof, and needs to be put back together "properly" so that the seals still work. However, if you don't plan on swimming with it, I don't see the harm in doing it yourself. :smile:
    Oh Good, thanks Steff for verifying the info I shared.:flowerforyou: ..now that you mentioned it, that was what she'd mentioned was her warranty would be void.

But you're right, it's not like it would last too long (warrenty) and I can't imagine the battery going out too awful soon after purchasing because if that was the case I would think perhaps a person would be able to return it back to the place of purchase.

• Cookn
    Cookn Posts: 21
    Options
    It depends on which battery that needs to be changed. The battery in the wrist unit can be changed at any place that changes watch batteries, or you could change it yourself if you are so inclined. Usually there is just an "O" ring that needs to be placed correctly when you put it back together to maintain water tightness. You can't however replace the battery in the chest band, you must return the unit to Polar to do that.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Just make sure it gives you Heart Rate AND Calories burned. I messed up with my 1st one. I wish I had just waited till I had the money for f6!
  • SteffCooley
    Options
    Ohhhhhhh.... I didn't realize there was a battery in the chest strap? Well that is crappy...... now I see why they say to send it in. I don't see any way to take the chest strap apart, so that makes sense. Well darn! Hopefully the battery lasts long enough...... :grumble:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Just make sure it gives you Heart Rate AND Calories burned. I messed up with my 1st one. I wish I had just waited till I had the money for f6!
    Think that's the route I'll go...just wait it out till I can afford one.. that does a bit more..not saying the Target one doesn't as I'm not familair with that one.:happy: Polar is the one that always comes to my mind.