what is your go-to sauce or seasoning to put on cooked veggies?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ladecola
    Ladecola Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Braggs amino acids and adobo (red cap) along w fresh garlic and herbs are my favorite seasoning for veg and meats for that matter. Braggs is amino acid soy substitute! It makes everything yummy! Also a little pink salt. Frank's hot sauce too! Coconut oil is my oil go to. Good luck!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Usually garlic and onion powder and red pepper flakes, salt/pepper and olive oil.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I love a mixture of nutritional yeast and Himalayan pink salt. It's dairy-free cheeze-y goodness!
  • realcalm
    realcalm Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    For only 40 cals you can start with a tsp of extra virgin olive oil. Sauté onion, carrot, celery - whichever of these you have. When they have started to caramelize, add whatever other veggies are on hand. Mushrooms, squash, spinach..:. And tofu. Add some cooking spray if the are starting to stick. Season with mrs dash.
  • 031sandy
    031sandy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yum. Roasted red pepper dip
  • margaretlouise123
    margaretlouise123 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Black onion seeds and when cooking veggies I add some chilli powder an garlic ginger paste and tiny bit of turmeric for its health benefits
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    EVOO & balsamic vinegar!
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Usually just salt
  • Rabbitsocksgardener
    Rabbitsocksgardener Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use Sriracha sauce a lot on blander veg like carrots and cauliflower. I also buy those spice blends that are "vegetable seasoning"!
  • wtliftchick
    wtliftchick Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Garlic and olive oil. Or plain with salt. I also like broccoli steamed and then a side of vinaigrette to dip. I use less if I dip it vs. Pour on top as I cook.

Cream of anything soup is good if you are trying to get yourself to start eating veggies but don't really love them yet. Mix it with broccoli or carrots or asparagus or green beans.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    what is your go-to sauce or seasoning to put on cooked veggies?

Salt.

I don't care for sauces very much ... never have. And I really like the flavour of veggies ... always have. :)

This but mine is just a little pepper

I don't mind a little pepper once in a while. :)