Am I wrong ???? Or the formula is wrong ?? Maybe I am missing sthg.

tranminhquan1012
tranminhquan1012 Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I heard that 1g protein= 4 calories
1g carb = 4calories
1g fat = 9calories

So it is supposed to be about 240 calories remaining instead of 352 calories. Am I right? I am so confused.
ulws898teyfh.png

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Don't sweat the small stuff :smile: if you input your foods here using the most accurate database choices then its pretty realistic. As long as your eating to your MFP totals or just under all will be well and you will lose weight.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited July 2016
    There's a lot of rounding, especially on US nutritional labels. A 112 calorie discrepancy for that amount of intake is basically on the money.

As for which is more precise, I'd go with the listed calories. Calories are an independent number on nutrition labels and aren't directly calculated from the macros. Macros are where you get rounding so they won't come out as precise as the calorie column.

Even with that, everything is estimates. All we can do is get as close as we can with the info available.
  • tranminhquan1012
    Don't sweat the small stuff :smile: if you input your foods here using the most accurate database choices then its pretty realistic. As long as your eating to your MFP totals or just under all will be well and you will lose weight.

Thanks you. actually im trying to gain weight. :)
  • tranminhquan1012
    seska422 wrote: »
    There's a lot of rounding, especially on US nutritional labels. A 112 calorie discrepancy for that amount of intake is basically on the money.

As for which is more precise, I'd go with the listed calories. Calories are an independent number on nutrition labels and aren't directly calculated from the macros. Macros are where you get rounding so they won't come out as precise as the calorie column.

Thanks you. Anyway, more fat will come from oil when cooking so there is not much to worry about. Im just over-reacted.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited July 2016

Thanks you. actually im trying to gain weight. :)

If you're trying to gain then just eat more.... :smile: You can re-assess in a few weeks if your weight isn't going up as you'd like.
  • teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    There are also quite a few entries in the database that are mildly to very wrong, if my macros are really off from the calories I can usually track it down by looking at the individual foods.