New Bear in town

Options
Just lookin to see what this is about. Really not looking to lose any weight but I would like to eat healthier. Any tips or tricks to using this website would be great. Thanks.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • PatientBear
    Options
    Tips for a rookie?? Anyone?
  • heyjude1358
    Options
    Welcome!

The best tip i can give you is to continue eating berries and salmon. Get as much exercise as you can... running after unsuspecting hikers seems to be a good one for bears.
    lol
  • Beaukitty
    Beaukitty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Make sure your settings are set for maintain and your activity level is set properly as well. Other than that, most tips people have are for losing weight around here...Maybe on your diary, add other items to track such as sodium, protein, and whatever else you would like and that will keep you on track. Not sure what kind of other ideas you are looking for.
  • PatientBear
    Options
    Other than that, most tips people have are for losing weight around here...

Why is that? When I saw "My Fitness Pal" was the name of the site and it tracks food and exercise, I assumed this was more of a fitness website than a weight loss website. Is that not the case??

I mean, I think it's great that people can use this as a tool to lose weight, but is there nothing available to help people like me who may not need to lose weight, but can definitely use help to get in better shape and live a healthier lifestyle??
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Dude your profile says you're 970 lbs!!
  • PatientBear
    Options
    Dude your profile says you're 970 lbs!!

Dude, I'm a bear!! I weigh a lot!!
  • Beaukitty
    Beaukitty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    To me, it seems that this site is mainly for people looking to lose weight as well as lead a healthier life. Like I said before, there is the option to set your goal to "Maintain" and people are always posting healthy recipes, exercise info, and food ideas. I'm not saying that everyone is here for weight loss, but a good portion definitely start with that and eventually move into maintenance. I'd go into the forums and post in the fitness/nutrition sections and try to find other people who are on the same path as yourself. Good luck!