Does anyone want to do C25K with me?

Options
13»

Replies

• chassp8pooh
    chassp8pooh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'd already checked in but darn mfp lost my post. Here I go again:
    Hello from drizzly, dreary Albany,N.Y. According to the C25k app today is not a run day. Screw that. Then I look out the truck window at the sky. Dank,dark,drizzly. I want to crawl back in bed. It's so warm and inviting. But..on go the shoes..out comes the phone. Todays running terrain: a concrete parking lot for a garage behind the Pilot truck stop. Move go my feet. Week one day one redone. My mile dropped from 21 minutes to 17,burned 228.2 calories and 1.5 miles covered. Now to go to try and find breakfast...
    So...how's everyone holding up?
  • Rev_Colin_Scrote
    Rev_Colin_Scrote Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hope I'm not too late to join.

I started C25K a couple of years ago and got up to week 6 and stopped for some reason, I'm searching my mind for why but cannot recall. After seeing this thread yesterday I restarted again last night with W1D1 and it was HARD, that's a measure of how large and unfit I have become but it felt so good and it really helped me with my weightloss before that I'm determined to see this through this time.

A little about me...

(1) I'm a big fella currently tipping the scales at about 275 so I have a pile of weight to loose and this can only help.
    (2) I'm based in the UK where we have www.parkrun.org.uk/ which organizes weekly 5k's for runners of all abilities so I'm lucky enough to have one on my doorstep as soon as I feel able.
    (3) I'm not a real Reverend and that's not really me in the picture.

Happy to be friends with anyone else on this journey
  • kaaaayla
    kaaaayla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it too :) Week 7, day 2 done this morning. Some days are a struggle, some days are good. I think it depends on my mindset. Today was the same workout as Saturday, but it felt so much easier. Yay.
  • tracydecicco
    tracydecicco Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It is never too late to join! Welcome. I am in my first week and need to complete day 3 by Friday.

Please let me know your progress!
  • hbellis3000
    hbellis3000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today! I'm scared as my legs kill from a leg workout but hopefully it will help!
  • chassp8pooh
    chassp8pooh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    In 2 and a half hours I'm going to go redo week one day three...hope I get through it a little bit easier. Also get to try out my new Garmin Vivofit hubby bought me. Found on clearance at a truck stop ... $79.99 normal price, $19.99 clearance!
  • hbellis3000
    hbellis3000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1st c25k done! Hurt a lot as my legs are sore but I did it!!!
  • Rev_Colin_Scrote
    Rev_Colin_Scrote Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    W1D2 completed .. feel really good about it ... lets see how my little legs feel in the morning

Well done everybody
  • Kiekie007
    Kiekie007 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    W5D3 complete!!!! Feels great to have conquered it. I'm looking forward to week 6!!!
  • Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 6, but when I start again I'd like to help you out.